3. Allure of the Seas
Shame on Royal Caribbean! This was my 3rd time on Allure, I'd done a back to back 4 years ago during spring break with a sold out ship and it was nowhere near as messed up as this cruise was. A company chartered this cruise for over 3000 of their sales people. These people totally overwhelmed the ships crew, the ship, the open spaces - in other words EVERYTHING! It began at the port in Barcelona. Apparently there was a table with refreshments - cookies, water, lemonade. I wasn't aware of this because the purple shirts (the huge group wore purple shirts) surrounded the table like a colony of ants. My sister witnessed purple shirted people stacking cookies 5 high then biting into them like a sandwich. They also drank their water/lemonade then simply dropped the cup on the ground, which created a very wet and sticky floor. The Royal Promenade on the ship - forget about it. You couldn't get through it because of the masses. The Windjammer - Hah! Aside from being pushed and shoved while purple shirts scrambled for food, the platters were quickly emptied and the Royal Caribbean staff was very slow to replace. We found this to be the case throughout the cruise. Thirsty? Good luck. As soon as the drinks were set out on trays (if they were) they disappeared. Staff simply did not keep up with demand! I've just spent a lot of time complaining about the overwhelming rudeness of many of the purple shirts but it all falls on Royal Caribbean. The staff should have been replenishing the drinks, bowls and platters before they were emptied in the Windjammer and every other open dining area. The staff should have had more Spanish speakers since the group was South American and most of them apparently didn't speak English. The staff should have never been so frustrated with the group that they neglected to give me the level of service that I've come to expect from Royal Caribbean. How often have you walked down the hallway past room stewards who did not look at you and greet you? If you were on this cruise you would have witnessed it often - on the 6th floor at least. Obviously RCCL is only interested in money. They should have had the 3000+ people take over their own ship. If you want a lobster dinner you are welcome to order it in the main dining room for just $29.95. Are you kidding me?! I paid $35 for a fantastic 5 star dining experience at 150 Central Park. Why the heck would I pay $29.95 for a lobster dinner in the main dining room? If you're looking for a pad of paper and a pen to write a note in your stateroom - forget it. They no longer provide these. The same with the little bottles of lotion. None! Shampoo? The shower has a pump filled with shampoo/conditioner. They DO still provide 2 bars of soap - one for the sink, one for the shower. There is still a hairdryer - who knows for how long. I am thoroughly disgusted and disappointed in Royal Caribbean. I would say that I will no longer cruise with them but I'm already booked on the Serenade in February 2016. My fear is that cruise will have been chartered by a group as well, as it's nearly sold out.

Overrun by purple shirts.

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by lizmit

Shame on Royal Caribbean!

They DO still provide 2 bars of soap - one for the sink, one for the shower.

There is still a hairdryer - who knows for how long.

lizmit’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

This accessible cabin on the hump was wonderful. Very roomy and because of the location had a larger balcony. There was quite a bit of wind noise during one stormy night, the weather stripping needs to be replaced, otherwise I can't complain about a thing.
  Allure of the Seas Deck Plans

• Luberon in Provence
    Top notch tour company. Spotlessly clean van inside and out. Excellent guide, incredible locations, had a wonderful lunch. I strongly recommend them.
    View All 12,961 Luberon in Provence Reviews
  • Private Tour
    I would give a higher rating but we ran short of time at Pompeii and the windshield of the van was really dirty.
    We toured Sorrento, Positano & Pompeii all inclusive which included a lunch. Our guide was very good but took us to a wood inlay factory which felt as if he got a kickback for taking us there - I don't know why else we would have stopped there. Sorrento is a great place to shop for souvenirs and the people were friendly. The drive to Positano was backed up, the traffic was horrible. The town itself is nice but I didn't think it was great - the people there weren't very friendly. The views were amazing. We headed to the restaurant and had a nice lunch then headed back out into the traffic to Pompeii. We arrived there around 4pm and our guide named Lino (Leno?) was nice and informative but didn't allow us to go off on our own, keeping us together while he explained everything that he wanted to. I'm not sure why we passed by some of the very interesting looking buildings and never got into the bordello or the houses because they lock up at 5:00. I'm upset that we didn't get to those first, our guide knew that they locked up at 5:00. I wouldn't use Joe Banana/Italy Tour Sharing again, nor do I recommend them.
    View All 84 Private Tour Reviews
  • Private Tour
    Very good driver however the windows of the van could have been cleaner on the outside. Driver took us to an excellent coffee shop and we had a great lunch. The tour guide for the Vatican was extremely informative and enthusiastic. I would leave the Vatican out next time and spend more time around Rome. The Vatican could use a full day (at least) on it's own.
    View All 140 Private Tour Reviews