• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

2-5 Cruises • Age 20s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2015
Cabin:

My husband and I decided to take a cruise for our first anniversary. We are a pretty young couple - him being 21 and I, myself, 20. After going back and forth between cruise lines, we decided on Royal Caribbean because we wanted to be around a crowd our age and we loved everything the boat had to offer. I've sailed on a few Carnival cruises with my family prior to this vacation and I was interested in trying something new.

The boarding process was extremely fast. Within 30 minutes we were on the boat with everything we needed. The first night, we attended the "Mystery Theater Dinner" which was cheesy but oh so fun. Honestly, it was one of the funnest nights I had on the boat. After that night I started to notice how different the staff would treat my husband and I.

We went to the towel station to borrow pool towels and the staff member was smiling and handing a towel to the man in front of us, but as soon as we walked up to him, his face changed. He didn't say a single WORD to me until I asked "Can I have two towels please?" which followed by him just reaching out his open hand toward me. I apologized out of confusion and gave him my card, and he didn't say a word still. Swiped my card, typed a few things in, handed it back, gave us towels, and of course didn't say anything when I said thank you. Same look on his face the entire time. I thought that maybe he just didn't enjoy his job or had something on his mind, maybe even that I was taking it too personal? When we walked away and the woman behind us stepped forward he said "Yes how can I help you ma'am?" and let me just say I was a little hurt by it.

3 Helpful Votes