3. Disney Fantasy
My mother, son (6) and I went on the Disney Fantasy to the Eastern Carribean and had a fabulous time. This was first time cruising for myself and my son. My mother has cruised many times before mainly in the Mediterranean. Embarkation was quick. We completed online check in and had a port arrival time of 11.15-11.30. Once we showed passports etc. and received our Key to the World Cards we immediately boarded the ship. We stayed in Stateroom 8502 which was a nice spacious room with obstructed porthole window although we could still see out. This was a forward cabin but we did not feel much movement at all. The room was clean and tidy. Chard was our assistant who cleaned the room twice daily. The housekeeping staff work so hard here to ensure everything is clean and tidy and are all so nice and friendly. Restaurant Staff were also fantastic. On our first evening we were placed at a table with a family of 6. It was not the best as we felt we were intruding on the family but we requested a change of table which was able to be done. This was something I was not aware of for dining and was advised by other people on the cruise ship that you can request a table for your own party prior to boarding. Our servers were Ashley from India and Raffy. These 2 worked so hard and were lovely people. BY day 3 they knew which drinks we liked and would have them on the table before we arrived. Small touches like this are nice. The food was amazing. We also ate in Cabanas for breakfast and lunch and the food was always good and plentiful. Animators Palate was my favourite restaurant. I liked the Disney rotational dining system which meant you had the chance to eat in each restaurant and your servers would move to each restaurant with you. Pool areas are busy but we mainly stayed by the Family Zone area which was a bit quieter. The aquaduck was amazing. Wait was approx. 20-30 mins but one day the wait was 60 mins. When the ship is in a Port you can basically walk on and off, which my son loved. Due to high winds the Aquaduck was closed one day but it is all for safety. Entertainment was fantastic. We attended Magic Dave show, which my son loved. We also seen Aladdin and another show which now I cannot remember the name of, and also the Pirates Night and they were all fantastic and to Disney high standards. There was plenty to do throughout the day with crazy golf, cinema and plenty activities and also Character Meetings. My son used the Kids Club maybe for an hour a day and did enjoy it. I registered my son online so was able to avoid that queue at the Port. Because he was registered online I only had to take him to the Club and he was given his band. My son unfortunately had an accident onboard which required stitches so we had to attend the Medical Centre. All the staff were very good and fully explained what was happening. One thing to keep in mind which I was not aware of, is if your onboard account exceeds $500 Disney will automatically take payment from your credit card. They can reverse the payment if you want to pay cash, but I did hear a few people complaining of this when attending Guest Services to pay my final account so I was not the only one not aware of this. Disembarkation was quick and straight forward. AS we were main seating for our evening meal (which is at 5.45pm) we had to attend breakfast on the final morning at 6.45am which is in the restaurant you attended for your final dinner (I don't think Cabanas are open on the final day). After breakfast you debark the ship. There were people waiting to debark who had taken advantage of the express debarkation which you could use if your luggage remained with you and you carry it off. These people debarked as soon as the ship had clearance from the Port Authority. We then left the ship at 7.30am after breakfast and walked off the ship, picked up our luggage, went through Security and waited for the shuttle bus to take us to the car rental company. The process was quick (maybe 30 mins if that) and very well organised. At about 7.30am on the final day the staff begin cleaning for the next set of guests so the smoke areas etc. are all closed at that time. I would certainly recommend a Disney Cruise to anyone and cannot wait for my next one due to the high standards Disney ensure for their guests.

Absolutely Fantastic

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Carol-d

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Porthole (obstructed view)

Carol-d’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Porthole (obstructed view)
Cabin 09C 8502
Lovely, clean spacious cabin. Suitable for 3.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins