3. Viking Vili
I thoroughly enjoyed the Grand European River Cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam from August 20-September 4, 2015. It was very well-paced, the days were well planned without being crammed, and there were a few days on which we didn't have to be up early and could relax a little. The places we visited were great - very picturesque, interesting towns and historic sites. I would have liked another day in Vienna and the surrounding area, maybe instead of Koblenz. I also understand Bratislava is being eliminated from this tour next year, which is very disappointing - my party all loved that city! I hope it's being incorporated into another cruise. The tours were all very good, the highlights for me being Nuremberg and the concert in Vienna. We had very good guides throughout with very fluent English-speaking skills, so they were easy to understand. Although I liked Kinderdijk very much, I was disappointed we didn't have time in Amsterdam. Also, in a few stops, we had too little leisure time for exploring and shopping on our own. The on-board entertainment and lectures were all excellent, and I especially liked the pianist and violinist from Cologne who performed, and the opera singers from Munich and Nuremberg. The lecture on the Netherlands dike system was also very interesting and informative. One thing I particularly liked about Viking was that there was a representative at the airport at the end of our tour, not just at the beginning, who helped with our luggage and directed us to the proper airline desks for check-in. We weren't just dropped off and left to find our own way around the airport. Nice touch!

Great Cruise!

Viking Vili Cruise Review by Nadpat218

Nadpat218’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Vili price drops

The cabin was very small, but efficient. It was satisfactory for our purposes, since we spent so little time in it. The shower and supplies were as good as other cruises I've taken, and it was kept very clean and well stocked. I wish the cabin was a little higher above the water line and the window a little lower for better outside viewing, since the continuous scenery is a major plus on a river cruise. We had to stand on the bed to get a good view.
  Viking Vili Deck Plans