A small group of us spent a night on the Astor in Fremantle, Western Australia on a "cruise to nowhere". The ship remained in port and was designed as an introduction to cruising for new cruisers. Most of us had cruised a number of times previously and since . I have not done a review earlier but as I see constant advertisements for the Astor in our week-end newspapers I feel that it is time for me to say something !!! We enjoyed the night we had on the Astor, fun entertainment and good food HOWEVER the ship itself is like a "caravan on the sea". It is very small with very limited facilities. This is fine if potential cruisers are aware of this but the advertising we see indicates in now way how small and limited this ship is! In absolutely NO WAY does it compare to real ships such as the P&O or Royal Caribbean ships that sail out of Australia. These ships have a huge array of eating options on offer , a choice of pool and spa areas and numerous entertainment options. I feel that potential cruisers need to be aware that the Astor is nothing like the ships they generally see advertised and need to do further research so that they make an informed decision regarding sailing on this ship!!!

MISLEADING!!!