We both enjoyed this cruise and have used Holland America before. Embarkation in New York was less than satisfactory and meant standing in a winding line for sometime. It was as if they weren't prepared for us. This was the first time on the Eurodam and it was an okay ship, nothing outstanding. I think all cruise lines are cutting back a little these days as it's a competitive business. We've been used to the Crows nest being a great place to end the evening with often a guitar player but on this ship it was completely empty by 10pm probably earlier. However the BB King show in the Queens lounge was great. It was unfortunate that with the older crowd on HAL that the first show would be full but the two following shows were not very full - difficult for performers to perform for small crowds but these guys did a great job. We found the theatre entertainment good too, a nice mixture of shows, a clean comedien and magic - I'm not a big fan of magicians but this was really good. The wait staff and cabin staff were good as always. Food selections okay though I found a couple of nights the menu didn't have a lot that appealed to me but maybe I'm just getting a bit spoiled. Ports of call is what we went for and they didn't disappoint - loved our departure from New York . We'd been to Boston before so just walked on the Freedom trail. Rockport nothing special but enjoyed Halifax, Sydney , Charlottetown, Saguenay and Quebec, especially Quebec, a beautiful city. The HAL staff told me there wasn't much going on in Saguenay but I found them to be really welcoming and really trying to grow their cruise tourism trade. We used the hop on, hop off and it was quite informative. Only used HAL for one land tour and although the destination was okay (Alexander Graham Bell museum and Baddeck) the bus used should not have been on the road. It made an awful noise every time it accelerated and the people near the back had to plug their ears for the almost 3 hours of driving. A complaint to the tour desk did result in a small refund as a token of good will as they hadn't been able to contact the tour company about it but apparently buses in this part of Canada are notorious for not being up to par - in which case they just should not offer the tour as it was really unpleasant. Disembarkation in Quebec was just fine and plenty of cabs waiting to whisk us all away. Overall a good cruise.

Went for the ports of call

Eurodam Cruise Review by Late traveler

• Sail Date: September 2015
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Late traveler’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VF 4171
We let HAL choose our balcony cabin and it was on the 4th deck near the back of the ship. (we've always picked the middle) The noise level from the engines was probably marginally heard (the day of the storm we heard them more) but it was a good room and good cabin crew.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins