3. Viking Star
Loved the new ship. Felt spacious and comfortable. Never felt crowded. Lots of rooms to spread out and relax. Loved the pool deck with the chaise lounge chairs facing the windows. One day of rain in Dubrovnik cause us to miss our schedule trip but we were comfortable in the chaise lounge chairs, reading and watching the storm come in with lightning, thunder, heavy rain and dark clouds. We always felt very well cared for and what privilege to experience the Mediterranean in such comfort. The staff was wonderful, always greeted you with a smile and hello and service was impeccable. Disappointed in some of the port excursions. Would have loved to have taken a tour of the inside of the Colosseum and the Sistine Chapel in Rome. Really enjoyed the evening PORT Talks that gave background and history of the sites we were traveling to. Appreciated the bottled water on disembarking for trips and the moist towels and champagne on re-embarking after tours. Food was outstanding on the ship. Always lots of choices and good wine in the World Café. Manfredi's was also excellent. Not so impressed with he Chef's Table, it was a menu of foam and we just couldn't appreciate it. Loved the afternoon tea with the hot scones, clotted cream, jam, finger sandwiches and small pastries. Loved the Wintergarden and Explorers Lounge I really appreciate that the ship does not cater to children. I enjoy being in the company of adults while on vacation. This was our first ocean cruise. We picked the sixth deck at the end of the ship. I would not do that again. We would lie in bed and the bed was shaking back and forth all night long. I just kept saying the ship was rocking me to sleep because I would not let this spoil my trip. We could also hear the wooden chairs on the 7th deck being dragged across the deck in the morning and evening. We will pick mid ship and forth level in the future. Loved the washers and dryers on the ship. Made packing lighter much easier(even with 15 additional hangers). I would recommend they post washer and dryer times on the wall so you know how to keep track of your laundry and make sure others aren't waiting for you to move your clean or dry clothing so they can use the machines.

One of many "trips of a lifetime" with Viking

Viking Star Cruise Review by lbeekman

lbeekman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

The cabin was comfortable and well appointed. The restocking of the mini bar was really a joke with two mini candy bars and a small bag of chips. Drinks were available but not bottled water for the refrigerator. I am sure there could be better attention to this small convenience. Nice size closet and had to call for 15 extra hangers. Americans and their clothing I get it. Bathroom was comfortable. I would have been nice if there was instructions on the lighting in the room. The first night we put a pillow over the hall night light because it was so bright, then we found the control at the bedside but turning that off kept the bathroom dark for us late night travelers from bed to bath multiple times. Nice to have a separate bathroom nightlight so you don't disturb your partner turning on the hall and bathroom nightlights for those travels. Heated floor was nice but got extremely hot in the evening where you could stand on it without the towel. Recommendations given in exit survey to Viking.