3. Carnival Victory
Where do I begin. The embarkation process was long. It took almost a hour to get onto the boat. Once on the boat, we went to lunch. A friend that is allergic to tomato's asked for condiments without tomato's. The cook jut removed the tomato's and attempted to give to her. She is allergic, they can't touch the other condiments. When she asked for a fresh plate that tomato's hadn't touched, the cook sighed and gave her attitude. How do you have attitude, this early in a cruise. Thought it was a isolated incident but it wasn't. Some staff were cordial but I got a lot of attitude from several staff at various times, when asking just basic questions. As well as being given misinformation from some staff. This is my 5th Cruise, 3rd with Carnival and I have never experienced a staff like they have on the Carnival Victory and I don't mean that in a good way. My first cruise was 20 years ago and the muster station process ha not changed and I needs to. Once you have waited a hour to get on the boat who wants to stand on a hot deck again. If you are in the back you can't hear or see the demonstration. Once you enter your state room, the process is playing on the TV. Why not have everyone watch the process in their state room. Then at a certain time, do the procedure in hallway of your state room, have the cabin steward perform them and then show where the boats are and have the passengers sign waivers. There has to be a better process. This time 2 passengers passed out due to it being too hot. My first cruise 20 years ago, they had midnight buffets. That if you were sleep you woke up to go to the Midnight buffet because the food was so good and the presentation was so beautiful that if you didn't eat, you still wanted to see the beautiful presentation of the food with the ice sculptures and such. The food on the Victory, got worse every day. No variety. The buffets had the same thing every day. The dining room food was no better. Since when do they have a up charge for Surf and Turf. In 2012 that was our meal at the Captains dinner. So disappointed with the food. This site stated they have a Sushi bar. They don't have a Sushi Bar... The cabin was a great size. The windows were so dirty you could barely see out of them. Every other cruise, at ports the staff were always cleaning the windows as we went on excursions. Never saw that happen this cruise and all the windows around the boat needed it badly. During this cruise, the production stage was down. So there was NO production shows until the last day. The club atmosphere was cool. Comedy shows good. Not enough parties on the Lido deck, like I expected. Use to daily parites on that deck that include congo lines and engaging the cruisers. They were not enough planned activities Disembarkation was fast for self assist. A lot of cruisers were double billed for things on their bill. I saw a lot of complaints of this at the guest services desk. You are allowed to bring on some beverages and you can also purchase them online pre cruise. I like this feature but ended up leaving most and not being able to enjoy them because my cabin steward was never around and never left ice for the beverages to be chilled and the rooms have no mini fridges. On the first day, I asked my cabin steward to keep me with some ice so I could enjoy my beverages. That didn't happen. I don't keep a junky room so sometimes it was hard to tell if he was ever in the room. At one point, I had sand on my floor for 2 days. The service I received from my cabin steward, did not meet my expectations, at all. In order to receive a band aide, you were charged $1.25. $10 for a ace band aide. $60 if the nurse put it on. Kind of excessive. But I must say that a medical emergency occurred on this trip and the staff was very exceptional in this area. They may have saved some ones life. And for this I must commend them. Bless you for that. We did the Dunns River Falls excursion with Bobsledding. The only bad thing I can say is that it wasn't long enough. We had a ball at both and everyone we encountered was very friendly. On the Falls a person in our group was struggling and wanted to quit. Our guide was so good, he took her hand the rest of the way and make sure she was good as well as leading the rest of us. Can't remember his name but the number on his shirt is #34. He is the bomb. He will take care of you. The falls, can be intimidating but with him. I felt secure that he would get me to the top safely. Our video guy was Rory. He did a great job as well. How he can run the rocks is beyond me. He captured the moment, as I watch the tape, he got everything. Worth the $40, you want the video. Everyone lets you know that the vendors are aggressive but I didn't find them to be. They only wanted you to look at their items. If you said No Thank You, I didn't experience any aggressiveness. After the falls we decided to do a relaxing all inclusive beach excursion on Tiki Beach. Food was good. Especially the jerk chicken. We were offered a beach cabana with nothing for $85 then $50. We declined after last year getting a beach cabana with electricity, floating devices, a bottle of wine & fruit and your personal waiter for $60pp. Not sure if we were in rough waters but this boat rocked the whole times as if it needed new stablizers, I had never experienced this before. Carnival Victory needs a overhaul by no way did this cruise meet my expectations.

OverAll Didn't Meet MyExpectations - Much Improvement Needed

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by GuessWho66

Disembarkation was fast for self assist.

GuessWho66’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A 1307
Good size. Not good customer service from my steward
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Beach
    Nice relaxing day after the falls. Food was good. Not a great experience after paying for an all inclusive with another cruise line that included much more for their beach break. Not impressed. Take beach shoes, beach rocky.
  • Miami
    Enjoyed Bayside Market. Food was good. Excursions are offered
    View All 2,479 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Bobsled Tour
    The ride up the hills in the lift is an excursion of its own. Breathtaking views. The bobsled ride was awesome. A lot to do at the top. Including a water slide into an infinity pool. Not enough time to enjoy everything with the both being together. Its enough to do at both places for the 4 hours. We could of got additional rides but not enough time.
    View All 75 Bobsled Tour Reviews
  • Dunn's River Falls
    Enjoyed every aspect of this excursion. Our guide #34 and video guy Rory, we excellent. Made you feel safe and made sure u made it to the top and had a good time. If you have items that aren't waterproof get a locker. Try and bring a waterproof camera their will be excellent picture opportunities. Getting the video for $40 is worth it to capture the moment.
    View All 265 Dunn's River Falls Reviews