3. Celebrity Reflection
This was our first occasion to sail with Celebrity. The embarkation process went very smoothly. Our Sky suite was well appointed and the butler, Rodney, was very kind and efficient. Two days into the cruise I began noticing a strange odor in our stateroom. I notified our butler who asked housekeeping to steam clean our carpets-no change. An a/c mechanic next inspected the room. He noticed something different in the room but nothing significant. He changed the filters-no change. The director of guest services assigned a different suite that was located directly beneath the kitchen. It was very noisy until about 11:30PM but resumed at about 4:30AM. The suggested solution was either stay in the original suite or wear ear plugs. The director of guest services said all the senior staff cycled through our suite and found nothing significant. However, after several days the odor in the original suite had become even stronger-still no solution was found by the staff. My wife and I slept in the second suite and did in fact have to wear ear plugs. We eventually spoke with the Hotel manager who was indifferent to what we were experiencing. Our experiences in our suites were totally unexceptable. The day before the cruise was to end our next door neighbor's wife experienced flu like symptoms that were respiratory related. My wife met several people during this time that were coughing and complaining of having allergy problems. The serving staff during our assigned dining time were exceptional. The food was very average. On one occasion I sent a piece of filet mignon back 3 times because it was over cooked and tough. The stage entertainment was far from family entertainment. On one occasion a violin player started her routine with a long gown. By the time she finished she was wearing only a bra and panties. The ships band, Blind Vinyl, was outstanding. Overall, I found for what I paid for this cruise wasn't worth it. On other cruises whenever there was a problem the staff went out of their way to solve the problems and never assumed that the client was wrong. Cruising with Celebrity was not a good experience.

Disappointed