• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Jewel of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
15 Awards

Love the Jewel, but the whole trip was so disorganized and a disappointment.

Review for Jewel of the Seas to Pacific Coastal

H-7508 with my huge picture window
Sailing under Golden Gate Bridge
Port of Los Angeles/San Pedro Tent City for Passenger Embarking
Leaving Monterey

The Royal Caribbean/Celebrity/NCL agent at LAX was wonderful. Very helpful and courteous and because I am handicapped helped me with my luggage to the bus.

The Jewel of the Seas is a beautiful ship. She is classy, elegant and comfortable, all at the same time. She is an older lady but she isn’t showing her age too badly. She is going in for refurbishment in the spring of 2016 and she will only come out better. I love her size, she is a midsize ship, not a mega liner, which is what I like.

The pool areas were never crowded, always enough loungers to lay by the pool and crew was easily accessible.

Large Ocean View Stateroom

Cabin H

I was in an Ocean View cabin, H-7508, the window went all the way along the back wall and gave me a beautiful view of whatever port we were in. The cabin was clean and neat and large enough for me to put my suitcase out of the way, walk around, and stretch out on the couch or the bed. Standard small bathroom. I just loved the picture window and I feel it was an extremely large room.

Port Reviews

Los Angeles

I don't like LA, too fast, too crowded.

San Francisco

I love Fisherman's Wharf. When you go you must stop and have a sourdough bowl of clam chowder at Boudin's.

Monterey

It is a must see when in Monterey. It has so many exhibits, fish, jellyfish, otters, seals, sea lions and many education talks.

Ensenada