Viking Truvor Cruise Review

Viking Truvor Cruise Review by Truvor Traveller

• Sail Date: Sep 2015
  • Destination: Russia River
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

This was my aunt's cruise and I was accompanying her to help her as she is elderly. I was pleasantly surprised with the help we received although we were very self sufficient. The advice that we received regarding where we were able to go with her walker was excellant and they accomodated us where possible. Viking cruises was very helpful with information prior to the trip and we were not dissapointed when we arrived. The crew was very friendly and the program director was very organized and everything was on time. The shore excursions were excellent, well thought out, and very informative. I wish we could have taken in all of the optional excursions but there were too many to fit in and we had to have some rest time!

Dining was excellent, we always had a choice of local offerings, but if you wanted to stick to the basics, they were on the menu as well. The only downfall of the Russian cruise is that we were not docked within easy access of the cities. We were well out of town and had to do the shore excursions. It limited our freedom, but since the shore excursions were great, it was not a deal breaker.

The entertainment on ship was not top class and therefore we didn't go into the lounge at night. I loved the Panorama bar during the day as it gave us the opportunity to sit in an area that had the perfect view of the landscape while sailing while you played cards, downloaded your pictures on your computer, or enjoyed a leisurely drink. I also liked the Russian language lessons and the lectures about the history and culture and also the meetings in the evening before then next day's excursions. It really brought the whole experience together. I met a lot of wonderful people and would definitely recommend Viking Cruises to anyone who is interested in a river cruise.

Truvor Traveller's Full Rating Summary

Junior Suite
Cabin JR 437

Nice room. I wish the weather was nicer so we could use the balcony more as it was large. The room itself was larger than expected and had room to move around. It needs more drawers rather than open cupboard in the closet for the length of the cruise.

Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood

Absolutely beautiful church not to be missed on the tour of Russia

View All 210 Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood Reviews
St. Petersburg

Breathtaking sites. We enjoyed both the City Tour and the Neva River Cruise as it allowed us different views of the city

St. Petersburg

Elevators were required for us and enabled my aunt to enjoy the beautiful museum. The guide was very informative and saw some incredible art

St. Petersburg

Very good guide and information along the cruise. It allowed for better pictures and reinforced the sites and knowledge that we experienced on the city tour

Peter & Paul Fortress

My Aunt couldn't go into Peter & Paul Fortress due to the difficulty in walking over the cobble stones. It was a beautiful site and I brought back pictures for her.

View All 114 Peter & Paul Fortress Reviews
Russian Ballet Show

Expected a better performance. This was sub par if you had ever seen a ballet before.

View All 99 Russian Ballet Show Reviews
Russian Folk Dance

Very fun evening and the dancers were exceptional.

View All 53 Russian Folk Dance Reviews
Moscow

Subways were magnificent, would have like to see more of Red Square but unfortunately there was a military tattoo happening during our visit and we were not allowed in

Kremlin

Local tour guide was excellent. Very informative.

Truvor Traveller