3. Norwegian Breakaway
Just completed my 5th cruise to Bermuda and it was great to get back after a 6 year absence! It was the first time for my GF and we both luved it! Getting on the ship was easy and it was my third time on the Breakaway so I knew my way around. We went to O'Sheehan's for lunch and a few drinks and it was a great way to start the cruise! The weather was fine leaving NYC and having the UBP was definitely a plus! We had a quick M&G at the Uptown Bar and Grill and met some really nice people from our somewhat quiet roll call! We also had a second M&G with the NCL staff which I led, on the first sea day followed by a slot pull, and a cabin crawl later in the week!! We spent most of our daytime hours outside at H2O and enjoyed the Blues Bar, Burn the Floor, and Second city at night. Didn't spend too much time in the casino as the roulette minimum was up a bit from my first two Breakaway cruises! We had reservation for dinner each night alternating between Taste, Savor, and Manhattan and ate one night at the Noodle Bar which is always great. We also ate at La Cucina which was fabulous and even ate outside for the first time while docked in Bermuda!!! Despite a hurricane threat; the weather in Bermuda was good though windy! We rented a moped the first day as I have done on all my Bermuda cruises. I will admit it was a bit scarier as I'm getting a bit older but once I got used to it was a lot of fun and I already knew how to get to Horseshoe Bay and it was beautiful with huge waves. We spent some time there and left when it got crowded and went to the lighthouse, Elbow Beach, Jobsons Cove, Warwick, and Church Bay which were much less crowded and gorgeous. For the second day I planned to go to St. George with the moped but you are no longer allowed to take the moped on the ferry so we returned the moped and I figured we try the all day transportation passes I heard so many good things about and proceeded to St. George. We caught the first ferry which was very crowded and headed to St. George. I was loud and getting off took a while. We took a cab for $3/pp to Tobacco Bay and it was still quiet and found a good place to sit! Snorkeling was fine and the water was calm and we stayed for a bit then headed out to the Swizzle Inn by bus for lunch and this time, not driving the moped, I was able to drink!!! We had a nice lunch and a pitcher of drinks and we really enjoyed our lunch; and drinks! Took the bus back to the ferry and it was a zoo getting on and even worse getting of when we returned to the ship. Friday we just hung out by the ship at Kings Wharf and partied with friends at the Blues Bar!! Saturday afternoon the hurricane winds showed up and we got 20 foot seas. Pam and I both made it through okay though we road it out in bed after dinner instead of partying our last night! Luved, Bermuda, luved the Breakaway, and looking forward to number 6!

Back to Bermuda #5

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by *Luv2Cruz*

• Sail Date: September 2015
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Aft-Facing Balcony Stateroom

Luved, Bermuda, luved the Breakaway, and looking forward to number 6!
*Luv2Cruz*’s Full Rating Summary

Aft-Facing Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 11910
Enjoyed our B1 views again though as I had read, the biggest B1 balconies are on 9, 12, 11.. On our previous Breakaway cruise we were in 9918 and the balcony was much bigger though 11910 was still much bigger then a standard balcony and we did have two lounge chars, a table, and two other chairs. We could also hear H2O a bit at night and we never heard it in 9918. Look for my videos of both cabins on YouTube!
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins