3. Magellan
Reaching Tilbury was not easy. The M25, the Dartford Crossing and roadworks on the A13 and approach to Tilbury. We arrived at the London Cruise Terminal around 14:00 hrs on Friday 18 September. Our allocated arrival slot was 15:30 hrs but we arrived early as we had allowed for traffic problems on the M25, the Dartford Crossing and on the A13. We were directed to a short term parking space where I dropped off my wife (on crutches) and her sister whom I then escorted to the embarkation lounge. This lounge was packed and we only found two spare seats after seeking the help of a member of the reception team. (At the time of booking, I had requested assistance for my wife.) I then had to get our luggage from the car to the embarkation lounge. Again, I had to seek assistance which was provided. The luggage was deposited alongside my wife and her sister. I then had to get my car to the long term car park. This proved to be a major logistical exercise as my car was, by then, boxed in by a coach. There was no evidence of any traffic marshals (except for one man at the entrance gate) and vehicles were moving in all directions. I eventually manoeuvred my car out of the park narrowly avoiding collision with other vehicles and pedestrians. A traffic scrum – absolute chaos. I then navigated to the long term car park where I encountered a massive queue. Again, no evidence of any car park management and it took about 30 minutes to finally get parked. I then had to wait another 20 minutes or so to get a shuttle coach back to the terminal where I finally arrived at 15:30 hrs. Queued and waited around for for the best part of two hours before finally arriving in our cabin. On the ship, we experienced queues for the lifts and the restaurants - and normally had much difficulty in finding seats with a sea view in the lounges. Far too crowded! I joined 2 excursions. Beautiful scenery and sightseeing venues - only spoilt by queues and crowds. Despite the fact that I requested wheelchair assistance in advance of the final disembarkation procedure, I still had to contact the Reception Desk to effect the necessary arrangements. Finally, there was no area where my wife and her sister could wait while I collected the car from the long term car park. They had to wait outside the terminal building - in the cold. I should point out that the waiting and cabin staff were, in our opinion, attentive, courteous and efficient. The above record of events should in no way distract from their excellent service. As the result of this experience with CMV, never again!

Our First, and Last, Cruise!

Magellan Cruise Review by JCA1

As the result of this experience with CMV, never again!
JCA1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

Adequate. Decent shower, basin and loo. Ample storage. Comfortable beds. Good sized window. TV.