3. Viking Tor
I am not very good at this type of thing. The ship was very good. Accommodations were very nice and comfortable. The people servicing the rooms were very friendly and polite. The food was excellent and very nicely prepared. Service was done very friendly and I can not express how nice the the people were taking care of us. It was a joy to go down to the eating area. My wife is on a wheat free diet and the waiter would greet her when we entered the dinning room and explain what they had prepared for her meal. His name was Nenard and we can not say enough about him. The Port and shore excursions along with the guides that were hired were just great. They lived in the area and grew up there. Explained and pointed out the history of where we were and were the best. The entertainment that came on the boat were really good. I wasn't expecting too much but turned out to be better than I expected. Travel arrangements were done very well. The busses to get you to the tours were safe and comfortable. We had to change ships in the middle of the trip and everything was handled extremely well. The only thing that was disappointing was we missed the people that were working in the dinning room and bedroom area. You tend to get attached to the first group that is taking care of you. Before I go on I have to mention our Tour Director who was outstanding. He really put in a lot of effort to make our trip run well. His name was Soirin from Romania. A truly wonderful person. The only down side I have to recommend is the following. When we changed ships we put our packed bags outside our rooms and they were picked up and transferred to or rooms on the new boat very nicely. We arrived to our rooms and were very impressed how well everything was done. To continue with this. We had a three day extension in Prague and stayed at the Sheraton Hotel. I would consider it adequate, the lighting in our room was poor. Couldn't get the lights bright enough and they were yellowish. The room was nice. The Viking representative was, once again, really great. The location of the Hotel was excellent. I have to commend Viking for the breakfast buffet at the Hotel. They kept everything the same as what was on the boat. The choices were almost exactly like the Viking ship. We really appreciated it. When we had to pack up and leave we were told to put our bags outside our rooms, as was done on the boat when we changed ships, in the morning by a certain time and they would be picked up and taken to the bus for the trip to the airport. THIS IS A SECURITY BREACH. You are asked at the airport if the bag has been out of your sight at anytime. I would recommend that you be told to take or carry your bag to the bus when leaving the Hotel. This procedure also lends to a bag being lost or stolen as what happened to my daughter and her bag. Other than that last glitch, the trip was fantastic and would love to do it again if I could ever afford it. My age is getting up there, 77, and don't think it will happen again. I have promoted your Viking Tours to everyone That I have met and A few of my retired pilots from my company will be taking tours. I will never forget our Viking trip.

Danube River Cruise

Viking Tor Cruise Review by sealestial

• Sail Date: September 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony Superior

I will never forget our Viking trip.
sealestial’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Tor price drops

French Balcony Superior
Cabin C 319 on TOR
Really very nice. There were 3 DC plug for American equipment. The bathroom was very efficient along with heated mirror and floor.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins