3. Disney Fantasy
This was our first Disney cruise. We booked it in May 2014. After reading reviews from here and in other disney forums for months, I had a pretty good idea what to expect. We got to the port at 12:15p, just as the shuttles from Disney World arrived. Even with the large crowd, the line moved steadily. We were onboard at 1:15p. We went directly to Enchanted Garden for lunch. I was not impressed with the choices. Afterwards, we went to our cabin and dropped off our carry-on bags. On the way to the cabin, I obtained 2 of our checked bags in the pile of bags by the crew elevator. The stewards organizing the chaos were very helpful. Our other 2 checked bags were outside our cabin. The cabin was a nice size but the split bathrooms do take up alot of sqft. You end up with the same living space as a standard cabin on carnival, ncl, or rcci. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were first rate. Our cabin steward/ Laurant always kept the room spotless. It was his first week out of Steward training. There were some hiccups but they worked out. Room service was always prompt - try the chocolate chip cookies and milk as a midday or late night snack. Our dinner mates were a wonderful family from Marietta, Ga. - Adam, Jessica, Jake, Emma, & Drew. We met some other great couples - Marty & Bobbie Pz. [67 cruises so far], Peter & Shirley from Yorkshire [he talked about missing his whippets and his flattop], and [their daughter] Harriet & Jason. I literally ran into Shirley & Peter almost everyday. I had seen mixed reviews on the MDR menu. The choices were limited but I was always able to find something that was good to very good every night. We used Royal Court for lunch a few days. The menu had a nice selection. Try the 1/2 pound burger; it is very good. For breakfast, we went to Cabanas. You had a lot to choose from. If you ask nice, they will warm the chocolate croissants for you. You should plan on going to Palo for brunch and dinner at least once. The chocolate souffle at dinner is excellent. The tiramisu should also not be missed. If you are not able to obtain a pre-cruise reservation, find out where they are taking reservations as soon as you board and go there. The excursions are overpriced which we expected. If you plan on going to Playa Mia in Cozumel, DIY and save money. The food on their buffet is awful. If you purchase the open bar option, tip your waiter and he will keep your glass full the whole day. From other reviews, I was not sure that I would enjoy the shows. I was wrong. They were all great. Do not miss any of them. For every show, we arrived at least 15 - 20 minutes early and always found great seats. The mixology class was fun and nearly everyone got a little buzz. On Pirate night, the best spot to see the show and the fireworks is on deck 12, on the starboard side at the rail by the Mickey Pool Slide. Go early. It gets very crowded. Our dd liked the kids club but did not spend much time there. We were always doing something else. The detective games are fun for all ages. On Castaway Cay, there are 2 shopping areas. The shop closer to the ship had reduced price items that the farther shop had at full price or did not carry. They do charge 7% sales tax on CC. Fiona in Mickeys Mainsail shop was always a pleasure to speak with and very helpful. She is a bubbly ball of australian energy. I spent way too much. Katie in BBB really made my dd's experience special. Because we had early dining, our last day breakfast was scheduled for 6:45am in Royal Court. Next time, we will try the buffet. Debarkation was easy. We always use a porter. The lines were long but moved quickly. Summary: All the activities were well organized and fun. All the staff were great and did their best to make our cruise special. [Only one of the MDR staff was dissappointing.] We really enjoyed not having to dress up for dinner other than formal night and Palo. As long as you are not wearing a bathing suit, you are good to go. We had a good time and purchased a placeholder reservation for a future cruise [nice benefits]. It is valid for 2 years. It will take us that long to save for the next one. If you usually budget a certain amount for your onboard account, double it for Disney. We will do other cruise lines but Disney is special.

An Expensive Casual Cruise

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by luvincruising

• Sail Date: September 2015
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

The mixology class was fun and nearly everyone got a little buzz.

luvincruising’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 05C 7660
A very quiet room. We never heard our neighbors. The only noise we heard were kids running in the hallway. The steward/crew door is diagonal to the right of our door and could be heard in the early mornings. The A/C worked great and barely made a whisper of sound. All the beds were comfortable. The rectangular tub was about 7/8 normal size and worked fine. There is a shelf in the shower/tub for bathing accessories and 2 retractable clotheslines for hanging wet bathing suits. The balcony was a nice size. The curtain separating the pullman bed area from the big bed is a great idea. This cabin is only 2 cabins from the aft elevators but far enough that you do not hear them.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins