Avalon Illumination Cruise Review

Avalon Illumination Cruise Review by pickme

• Sail Date: Sep 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Panorama Suite with French Balcony

My husband and I recently experienced our first cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest. We loved it, our room was spacious and I was able to unpack everything and store our suitcases under the bed. I think having a room away from the back of the boat was a bonus, we had room 201 and we were able to have our door open at all times when we were in the room.

Our tour leader Katy was fantastic we worked tirelessly to ensure every detail went smoothly. The captain and staff were all first class both friendly and efficient. There were times when the river level was so low that it was thought we would have to bus to the next stop; but no our new Avalon boat managed to get through when some other cruise lines were not able to.

Starting from Amsterdam the cruise is quite relaxed but as you reach the Danube there is much to see and sometimes we were doing two tours per day but that is optional.

I felt the food was lovely, fresh fruit in the morning and we could request an omelet freshly cooked if you didn't want to eat the buffet breakfast. Lunchtime there was a light lunch option in the lounge upstairs and dinner I always enjoyed.

We loved meeting and making new friends and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will most certainly book another cruise with Avalon.

pickme's Full Rating Summary

Panorama Suite with French Balcony
Cabin A 201

The beds were so comfortable, the room spotless and the generous storage meant I could unpack and enjoy.

pickme