• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Tricia Coryea
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2015
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

This is the first review I have ever written on a vacation destination. We did enjoy the nightly dining room meal with friends and family. We participated in most activities and went to most of the shows. The overall opinion of the ship physically was acceptable and usually clean. The service in the formal dining room was very good. This cruise was to celebrate my 50th birthday and was a tremendous disappointment.

The service outside of the formal dining room was exceptionally poor. At the pool bar the bartenders learned that I had an all inclusive drink package that meant I did not get a receipt therefore they were not given an automatic 15% tip - knowing this, they would not serve me - I had to go to other bars to get served. I cannot begin to share my frustration with this. One bartender during the day at the pool bar blatantly ignored me face to face rather than get my drink.

Our room bathroom drain backed up sewage. The sewage spilled out of the bathroom into the stateroom onto the carpet. The team responded quickly after we complained but the inconvenience was significant. The team that came to repair - did extract the carpet, but did not clean the carpet - we walked on dry but sewage filled carpet for 8 days - disgusting. We had to initiate conversation with the ship leadership to get any recognition that the incident occurred and then to achieve resolution. We had to pry information and restitution from them.

Interior Stateroom

Cabin M

Bed quality was poor, thin, bumpy not comfortable. We asked for a king bed and got two twins pushed together. Walls scuffed. Plugs loose - difficult to keep anything plugged in.

5 Helpful Votes