3. American Queen
I had been on big ship cruises but not a boat cruise so this was a first. We went over Christmas when they had a 2 for 1 rate. Otherwise it is too expensive for an 8 day cruise. I wanted to see the plantations and Vicksburg. They had a hop on and off bus to see the local ports and very reasonably prices extra excursions which were very informative and the extra excursions I took esp. the ones about the Battle of Vicksburg and the cotton plantation were educational with outstanding explanations. The tour of New Orleans before the cruise was delightful. We did not plan an extra day to see other parts of New Orleans which we should have done. we had early dining and delightful dinner companions. The cabin was very crowded and difficult for two people in the room at the same time was too small.

Mississippi River Southern Cruise

American Queen Cruise Review by setfortravel

I had been on big ship cruises but not a boat cruise so this was a first.

we had early dining and delightful dinner companions.

setfortravel’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Queen price drops

it was too crowded for two people to move around at the same times.
There was only one chair so hard to sit and watch any TV
We ere near the buffet dinning which was nice.