• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

MJ from PA
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2015
Cabin: Mid-Ship Inside

NCL doesn't offer this itinerary often, so when I saw it I canvassed my friends and relatives for a travel partner. My sister-in-law came with me--her first cruise ever. We had a blast. The ports! Embarked in Copenhagen, then stopped at Amsterdam, southern England (Stone Hinge), County Cork (Blarney Castle), Dublin (Guinness warehouse), Belfast (Giant's Causeway), Inverness, Edinburg, then debarked in London. It was awesome. Who could not love this trip? We are patient, middle-aged women who do not mind all the "hurry up and wait" that comes with a cruise. Why not let the cruise line worry about your excursions? We chose excursions that included plenty of free time for shopping, eating, etc., and that was the perfect balance for us.

The only disappointment was that the sea was too rough for the tenders to be used at one of the ports in southern England, giving us a total of three sea days which we found rather boring. We were absolutely happy with the food quality and choices in the included restaurants and felt no need to pay more at the upcharge restaurants. We enjoyed getting our nightly sangria and listening to the various bands and checking out the shows. The service in our cabin and the restaurants was great.

Mid-Ship Inside

Cabin IB

Our mid-ship inside cabin on deck 10 was perfectly adequate for us. Enough storage for two women on a 12-day cruise, but I wouldn't put more than two people in this cabin.

Port Reviews

Falmouth

This port was cancelled due to rough seas.

Cobh (Cork)

We traveled from Cobh to Blarney Castle, where we waited about an hour to kiss the Blarney Stone and then did visited some good shops.

Edinburgh (South Queensferry)

Very crowded, not that impressive. But it overlooks the city and shops. We found some family clan items here.

previous reviewnext review