3. Liberty of the Seas
I am a long time cruiser having cruised over 50 times over various cruise lines including RCCL. This was actually the second time I have crused on the Libert of the Seas. I traveled with a group of 28 co-workers from Brooklyn Family Court. This was our second attempt to get to Bermuda, this same group traveled in 2012 during hurricane Sandy, we were diverted to Boston, on the Caribbean Princess. We were determined to make it to Bermuda, but along comes Hurricane Joaquin, we received an E- mail and texts from RCCL indicating we were going to St John New Brunswick, Canada the night before our departure, we were departing from Cape Liberty, Bayonne New Jersey Embarkation: In a word Horrible, the worst embarkation procedure I ever participated in, over two and a half hours waiting on line, entered the terminal at noon, got on the ship at 2:45 pm, not the way to start the cruise, my plan was to have Lunch at Johnny Rockets, but it was much too late. Went up to the Windjammer buffet, simply the worst buffet at sea, too crowded and the choices are just poor. chops grill: We ate there the first night, sevice was very slow, and had an upcharge ($16) for aged steaks, some of my group had the Up charge steak, which was excellent, those who did not pay did not enjoy the steak. MDR My group had late seating dinner at 8:00 pm in the Michaelangelo dining room, there was one formal night, no lobster. All the choices at dinner were fair, a noticeable decline in the quaility and variety of main dishes. Observed too much mashed potatoes. Entertainment excellent!!! Two main shows, up in the Air, a cirque de solei type show and a production of Saturday Night Fever were both very good including the Ice Show. There was also the singers and jugglers which I did not see. important Note RCCL was very generous to all passengers regarding the itinerary change. Every cabin received a refundable credit depending on the cabins you booked. i had an inside cabin, and received a $500 credit. balcony cabins received an $800 credit, this definitely softened the blow for many of my colleagues. We also had dinner at Portofinos, the italian specialty retaurant, this restaurant was excellent. A $25 cover, was cheaper than Chops and better Service and better food. cabin I had an inside cabin on deck 2 , cabin 2627, was fine, service was good, room service for coffee only was also good and on time. breakfast and lunch in the MDR was better than dinner . Open seating for everyone. activities the usual cruise activities, trivia, bingo, wine tasting, Dream Work characters were visible and accomodating for the passengers. All in All it was a good cruise, disembarkation was fast and seemless, much different than getting on the ship.

Bermuda or Bust Hurricane Joaquin