3. Navigator of the Seas
We had a great cruise, weather was magnificent, water was calm all week long. Cruise was Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth Jamaica. Couldn't ask for a better cruise. The staff on the ship was courteous, friendly and seemed eager to make your experience the best ever. Dining was good, ate at Chops three times including the Wine paring dinner which was excellent, Giovani's Table once and the food there was also very good, Sabor once and had a very nice meal there. main dining room "my time" twice. Both times we were seated in the same area and had the same waiter and assistant waiter. Both were excellent. The Windjammer as usual is pretty good buffet style food, but lots of variety, although they didn't have any smoked Salmon or Lox which my wife enjoys. another thing, they used to have really beautiful Ice sculptures, and sculptures from Watermelons and other fruits, sadly this also has gone away, I suppose they are economizing every way they can. Ice Dancin' was really nice. We aren't gamblers so we only walked through the Casino, but we did spend a lot of time in the R Bar which is a Martini Bar that is located where the Champagne Bar was before. The Bartenders were really entertaining and made great drinks. My wife lover it, partially because the two bartenders Guy and gal were from her home country. Our cabin was great. We had a Jr. Suite, and it was really big, with a Sofa and chair and ottoman, big balcony with nice chairs and table. Our cabin attendant was super nice and did a great job of taking care of the cabin. I do have one negative, the internet service sucks!! We paid 210.00 USD for two devices for seven days, and it reminded me of the worst dial up service we had back at the dawn of the internet. It was really disappointing, webpages wouldn't load, or took so much time the server timed out. This really reflects badly on RCI, to at least warn people that the service is slow, and not to expect the same speeds as you have at home or work with DSL or Cable. Outside of the irritating internet, this is probably ranks right up at the top of the best cruises we have been on. Sorry to see navigator reposition, to be replaced by Liberty which is a larger ship.

Western Caribbean

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by spirotechnique

spirotechnique’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Cabin was great, very spacious, clean and we had everything we could have asked for. a big nice balcony with two comfortable chairs and a nice table. Of course your cabin attendant adds or detracts from your view about your cabin. our attendant was excellent, friendly, cheerful and always around when you needed anything.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Nachi Cocom Beach Club
    Short taxi Ride, 15.00 USD each way for the cab. Everything was very nice, lots of shade and comfortable beach chairs. the water was beautiful, but the beach was covered in seaweed for about the first 5-10 feet and the seaweed was piled up against the beach out about 15 feet. I know that they can't control where floating "stuff" ends up, but it would be very easy to rake the seaweed along the beach and water to and area away from the guests. Nice thing, the place limits the number of guests to 100, so it's not crowded. The food was OK, the beer was cold, and the weather was gorgeous, so what more can you ask for?
    View All 12,984 Nachi Cocom Beach Club Reviews
  • Beach
    This was a great excursion to the Bamboo Beach Club. Out tour guide Tanisia and her trainee Shainia were excellent, they were funny, knowledgeable, and tried their best to make sure that everyone had a great time. the bus ride was about one hour each way, and they pointed out all the points of interest along the way which made the ride seem much shorter. Beach is very nice, although the sand is thin and there is Coral everywhere. I had on a pair of water shoes, but my wife had to buy a pair of the neoprene reef shoes. Water was crystal clear, warm, and very calm, perfect for just lazing around. I think that when folks book this excursion they should be warned about the coral and asked to wear or bring water shoes. That was the only small minus on this excursion

Food was very good and plenty to go around, both Tanisia and Shainia made certain that everyone got plenty of food. Rum punch and Red Stripe beer, either from the outside bar or by the attendants who kept everyone well supplied with liquid refreshments. They also sold coconuts filled with some concoction as well. Everything else, food and rum punch or beer was included in the price of the excursion. The jerk chicken was really good!!

There was some entertainment, provided by two Jamaican dancers as well as a young guy who was and amazing contortionist. Clean restrooms, outdoor showers and changing rooms were available to change out of wet swimsuits for the ride back to the ship.

The bus made the obligatory stop at a souvenir shop, No pressure to buy anything, plus this was a welcome bathroom break. We only stayed about 20 minutes, although I have read other reviews where the bus stayed for and hour and the sales people were very pushy. I suppose since there were several tour busses there when we arrived, they were plenty busy and didn't need to pressure anyone to buy.
    All in all this was a very nice excursion, well organized and staffed by friendly, helpful folks.
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    Did not take a shore excursion, my wife and I walked around the downtown area, shopped in a few of the nicer shops and ate a really nice lunch at Guy Harvey's Restaurant. The highlight of the day was having a Guy Harvey T-shirt autographed by the man himself. His office is above the store next to his restaurant and the sales staff encourage folks to go upstairs and have him autograph their items. I lover Cayman, just wish my wife liked to dive as some of my most memorable dives were around Cayman. Tendering to and from the ship is a bit of a pain but if you want to go ashore in places that don't have docking facilities, you have to tender.
    View All 3,394 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews