Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review

You want the truth; here it is!

Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by howard4au

• Sail Date: Oct 2015
  • Destination: the Bahamas

Overall this cruise was amazing. The port was awesome, right on West Palm Beach. It was beautiful out there. Go a day early and stay the night.

They started check in at 9, we got there at 9. Valet was $17 a night and required, didn't expect that but whatever. It was super easy. Our car drove 14 hours the day before, and all of a sudden didn't crank in the valet line, they pushed it and handled everything. It was awesome. Check in went super fast. As soon as you walk in they have a baggage check point if you want to check your baggage. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this and then NOT SO highly recommend it. Let me explain..they have food ready when you get aboard, and you can swim and etc already, but no rooms available until after 3. So you have to carry your luggage around for 3 hours, or you don't have what you may need for 3 hours. Next time we will wear our swimsuits and check our baggage again. Second floor they do the customs, passport check, pictures, and food reservations, and then you get your room key and etc. It went so fast. We were done with ALL check ins in less than 10 minutes. No Fort Lauderdale pick up like some others were exclaiming. It went so easy.

We were the first ones aboard. So cool. At first glance aboard you could tell the boat was older. They were still doing lots of renovations. We got an ocean view room and oh my goodness, it was nice. The boat did have a smell...like an old boat would have. It was nice and clean though.

Food: We only did Stellar Prime, it was ok. I mean, not enough food. They didn't offer many varieties. We ate buffet mostly. They had a BBQ out back, we almost missed it, and that was AMAZING. Ice cream by the coffee bar, we almost missed that too. The buffet was delish, and the poolside grill was good. Overall I would say that they could improve on food options, but for this type of cruise it was pretty good.

The shows weren't great. Got up and left. There wasn't really any entertainment at all. It was kind of boring, and I was thankful that we didn't spend much time on the boat. We went to bed early, and got up late.

Getting off in Freeport, was mess. Customs was almost 45 minutes late, so we couldn't get off the boat, and that took up an hour on the island. Be ready for $10 each person, roundtrip, taxi ride. They run their last trip back at 4:30, but you don't have to be back on the boat until 6, so there goes more time lost on the island. The drivers were funny and nice. We went on the public beach by the police department, it was beautiful. They recommend walking to Taino beach, we didn't try that. They have cheaper, and I mean MUCH cheaper excursions there. We did the dolphin encounter on the island and only paid about $90 each. The guys were awesome, and the boat ride over was so much fun. Dave was hilarious. LOVED our experience on the island. The boat ride was SUPER rocky. I've done other cruises, it was just the ship I guess. But it was ROUGH.

Our cabin guy, Amr, was AMAZING. Seriously. He was great. The lady helping with baggage took note of our room number and was so fun remembering me throughout the trip. Definitely made the trip much better. The guys at customer service..WOW! Can you say RUDE! Oh my gosh. They were horrible. They called each other and bad mouthed the people in line, laughing so incredibly loud. It was tacky. They were jerks. We had 2 waiters at Stellar, well..4 actually. They were all plain, and not funny. Didn't try and make our experience more enjoyable at all. Just kinda of served and kept on about their business.

Overall, we would do this cruise again. We are actually planning to go back with our kids soon. Hope this helps.

howard4au's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Oceanview E147

Amazing. Clean. Amr was awesome.

howard4au