3. Carnival Pride
This was our 4th time on the Pride, so we are familiar with the ship. We were a total of nine family and friends, and had a great time, even though we only had about an hour of port time due to dodging hurricane Joaquin. We went really early, since we were driving and about 4 hours away, and weren't sure if we would have traffic from a home football game. We didn't have the traffic, but had to wait a long time to enter the port due to the Pride getting in late because of rough seas and a passenger having to be taken off the ship the night before. We had an obstructed view balcony, which we had before. This allows us to see out, no poles in the way, just not straight down, since there is a life boat there. There is plenty of room to move around and store all of your things. It was kept very clean, even with service only once a day now. We had faster to the fun, but even though our luggage was there when we got on, out sons wasn't, and he also had faster to the fun. And some of our party didn't have it, but their luggage was there before our son's. We did wait a long time to get on the ship, but we were very early, so we couldn't complain. The service on this ship is excellent. Our room steward was Isaac, and he did a great job along with his helpers. Our dining room waiters were I Made, I Wayan, and I Mengah. They also did a great job. Everywhere we went the service was great. Now the food. The dining room was hit or miss. It was much better 2 years ago. Some of the meat was either overdone to the point you couldn't eat it, or just didn't taste very good. Some was OK. The salmon was always good. And I'm not usually picky or one to complain. But I left a lot of food on my plates. And my absolute favorite dessert is the chocolate melting cake, but three nights in a row, it was so runny, I just couldn't eat it. That was very disappointing. But the new additions were really good. We had Guy's burgers and tacos several times for lunch. They were both very good. I also had a few sandwiches at the deli, which were also good. Ate at the buffet once for lunch, had a few things that were ok, some that weren't too good. Pizza was really good sometimes, bad others. When it was bad, it was because it wasn't done enough and that made it soggy. Did room service once. It came very quickly and the water for tea was very hot. We only went to a few shows, they we good. Saw a comedy show, it was good. We would have gone to more comedy shows, but no seats left when we got there. We spent a lot of time on chairs at the forward pool since we couldn't get chairs on the Serenity deck. We were only off the ship at Grand Turk for about an hour due to rain. We missed Half Moon Cay and Freeport. But the Captain made sure we stayed safe. So I had extra relaxing time in a chair or in a pool. Worked for me! And Carnival compensated us very well for the missed ports. Now for my pet peeve. The casino. I would like to spend some time there, but can't because of the smoke. And they have even added more tables to sit at, not to gamble at, right where you have to walk by to get to the other side. It's terrible. So Carnival didn't get any of my money there. I brought it home with me. We put our luggage out the Saturday night, and when our number was called Sunday morning, we walked right off. Easy. So overall, we had a great time, had great service, did a lot of relaxing, and got home safe.

Love the Pride!

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by pabeachie

• Sail Date: September 2015
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony (obstructed views)

pabeachie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Balcony (obstructed views)
Cabin 7A 5230
Great steward, Isaac, and his helpers. Everything was kept clean and they were always around in the evening if you needed something.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins