• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

akdaigle
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Sep 2015
Cabin: Veranda Suite

We have taken 10+ cruises and although this was not the worst, it was subpar in bang for the buck. They charged for Wi-Fi. there is a one quality restaurant but the food choice is fixed differently each night. Because of weather we spent two days at sea not being able to get into ports but the Casino was not open except in the evening. When I complained, I was told that it was not staffed because we were supposed to be in port. Shows were good for a small ship but no up to the standard that we have seen on Regent. They claim that it is all inclusive but tipping is expected.

Shore excursions are extremely expensive. We paid $250pp for a tour of Bar Harbor and a lobster bake. It turns out the there was a rainstorm that made the national news but they would not cancel because Seabourn claimed that this was the choice of the shore operator and they had nothing to do with it. As a result we were unable to make it up Cadillac mountain or see anything because of the downpour. We got a typical 1# lobster dinner that could be bought on the island for $18. We were charged $175 and $150 for transport from our hotel to the ship and from the ship to the airport both of which were a 10-15 minute ride. Cabin was the same size as on Regent but more space on the veranda and less in the room. This was my first and last with Seabourn. I have already booked a cruise with Regent (my favorite) for next year.

Veranda Suite