3. Celebrity Silhouette
This was the 3rd cruise I have taken on the Silhouette. The first two cruises were in Aqua Class in the Caribbean. This time was in a suite (Sky) and I don't know if I can go back to non suite cruising on Celebrity. This review will focus on the differences since last time I sailed on the ship (about 2 years ago) Pro's - Dining - I really liked Luminae as a separate dining option. They did have some odd selections a few nights but the food quality was pretty consistent and the service was great. Previously I liked Blu and went back once for breakfast and although it was good, I think Luminae was better. -Specialty Restaurants - We went to Qsine and Murano. We had been to both before. I think Qsine was better this time around - some of that was based on knowing what to order but it just seemed to be a more "mature" food experience than previous experiences. Murano seemed about the same - which was excellent. - Room layout - We were on deck 12 and the amount of room was very good for two people. We actually had too much storage space - much more than aqua class. Butler - The room comes with a butler. Our butler Orlando was incredibly nice and efficient. We really didn't use the butler services (I like doing things for myself) and I almost think he was a little concerned we didn't need help with anything, but his attitude was so positive it left an impression regardless. - Service - Overall I think the service aboard the ship is stellar. It was great this time around and great all the other times. Con's - -Reserving Michaels club for only top tier CC and higher level suite guests left a gap. The ship needs a space like Michaels club available to all guests. It seems like they could have repurposed something else more effectively. Watching sporting events in the molecular bar, etc just didn't feel the same. They need an alternative sport bar/pub like venue to round out their offerings. Considering the waste of space quasar is, seems like they could do something with that. -Passengers - I hesitate to comment on this but the passengers as a whole on this cruise left a lot to be desired. Obviously I am not talking about everyone - most of the people were very pleasant, but still more so than any cruise I have been on there were just some really disrespectful people. There seemed to be so many complaining, entitled, cut you off, knock your coffee into you as they rush to beat you to get some sausage type of cruisers that it left a lasting impression. For example my wife and I were getting a snack in the oceanview café and someone bussing the tables dropped their tray and spilt all their dishes on the floor. A couple of the passengers made fun of the guy and not in a funny ease the tension way. It was just mean. There were several other experiences. I realize there is a lot of "vacation brain" that goes on and with an older crowd it might be more prevalent but it just seemed like a lot of the stereo typical entitled cruisers aboard this cruise. I could go on but you get the idea. -Disembarkation - I don't know if its the port itself or what but what a huge train wreck. Getting luggage on to the busses safely was next to impossible. Was a much more chaotic situation than embarkation which went very smoothly. Anyway - all in all a great cruise experience.

Suite experience

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Fishwaffle

• Sail Date: September 2015
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Sky Suite

Pro's

Con's -

Anyway - all in all a great cruise experience.
Fishwaffle’s Full Rating Summary