3. Liberty of the Seas
this was my 2nd time sailing to Canada / NE from Bayonne. I've cruised about 17 times now -- majority with RCCL and a few with Celebrity. Diamond status - they shifted the lounge from wall of windows / outside deck floor 14 for cocktail hour to the dungeon of Catacombs on deck 3 ..smelly and dreary place with no view of the outside ...we chose instead to have our drinks elsewhere at night to watch the sun set. age 47 - traveled with husband - this was his 2nd cruise - his first was on Quantum this past Feb. Decent price at $1400 each in a balcony cabin = $2800 total for 2 people this price included the gratuities. Easy to say getting bored with older RCCL ships especially after sailing Quantum last year. But living in NJ it saves the hassle of airport travel / baggage fees etc 9 nights is relaxing -- 4 ports - 5 sea days Tried Chops for 1st time and definitely felt it was NOT worth an additional $35 each for the meal. Felt like we wasted $70 - would never return to a specialty restaurant after that disappointing experience. Service good overall on the ship for meals and drinks. Bar Harbor tenders take up a lot of time...plan at least 1 hour each way to get on and get off the ship as they load up the boat and then wait 30 minutes before moving. Peggy's Cove in Halifax has gotten so much worse since my last trip there -- had to be about 30 tour buses there with us and it is a very very small area to see. Waste of $65 each on ship tour for 45 minute visit...but my husband had never been there. Boston pier was far away at Falcon Terminal ... rccl used to go to a different closer to the town pier the last time I did this sailing ... not very good signage and quite a long walk back to ship. But it was a nice day and we had 4 hours before ship left with nothing else planned so we walked it... I felt bad for the older guests with walkers, mobility issues .. it was exhausting just to get from ship to street level to get a taxi on the end of the pier. Overall nice trip but I think RCCL is just not "Wowing" me anymore .... older ships feel dated now ..... after being Quantified my expectations are higher to what can be offered for ship venues (270, music hall) , eating venues (loved café 270 and the new and improved WJ).

Decent Cruise, But Nothing Special

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by LINDAE3213

this was my 2nd time sailing to Canada / NE from Bayonne.

I've cruised about 17 times now -- majority with RCCL and a few with Celebrity.

Decent price at $1400 each in a balcony cabin = $2800 total for 2 people

this price included the gratuities.

But living in NJ it saves the hassle of airport travel / baggage fees etc

9 nights is relaxing -- 4 ports - 5 sea days

Service good overall on the ship for meals and drinks.

LINDAE3213’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

ok cabin - close to elevator
  Liberty of the Seas Deck Plans

• Fenway Park
    not a baseball fan but husband wanted to see fenway ..cost $25 for taxi from falcon pier to fenway park....tour is $18 and runs hourly .. after that we walked to beacon street and found cheers (waste of time) and then brattle bookshop before quincy marketplace (too crowded) then walked back to ship.
    View All 4 Fenway Park Reviews
  • Peggy's Cove
    waste of $65 each for 45 minutes in a small and very crowded area with about 30 tour buses.... nice scenery if you can see past hundreds of people walking over the rocks by the lighthouse as you try to absorb the view..would NOT return to the area even with another cruise newbie who wants to see it ...they can waste the 3 hours and $65 without me !
    View All 193 Peggy's Cove Reviews