William Shakespeare Cruise Review

Excellent Trip

William Shakespeare Cruise Review by Wendy391

• Sail Date: Sep 2015
  • Destination: Europe River

My mum and I travelled with Riviera for a river cruise from Basel to Cologne at the end of September. This was our first river cruise so did not know what to expect.

We both had a great holiday mainly due to the terrific staff, who could not do enough for you and the wonderful people we met especially "the boys" and M & K. Everyone on the ship were so friendly and always had time to stop and chat.

The cabins were kept spotlessly clean, as were all the other areas around the ship. Some passengers thought that the cabins were small, but compared to the other ships from different companies that were moored alongside us from time to time, they were all about the same size.

The food was very good - always something tasty on the menu. We tried the "fine dining" experience which was an intimate dinner for a maximum of 24 guests at the rear of the ship with a wonderful ambiance and wonderful service. The Captain's dinner on our last night was another enjoyable evening. Drinks were reasonably priced.

Entertainment on board during the evening was limited but there was music playing and they held a couple of quizzes during the week.

I would recommend trying a river cruise as my mum and both really enjoyed it. My only gripe was the wi-fi connection - or lack of it to be precise! I was able to get a connection on the William Shakespeare but could not access the internet or e-mail along with every other passenger on board. I did hear that this is something the ship/company are trying to rectify. I hope they can get it sorted.

Thank you Riviera, we had a fantastic time!

Wendy391's Full Rating Summary

Cabin outside third floor 301

Spotlessly clean. Our steward came in twice/three times a day. Shower in the bathroom was very good. Replenished luxury toiletries.

Previous Review