Island Princess Cruise Review

Alaska on Crown Princess

Island Princess Cruise Review by cavalierkc

• Sail Date: Sep 2015
  • Destination: Alaska

Sailed from Seattle for a 7 night Cruise to Alaska. Overall enjoyed our cruise. Weather could have been a little kinder. Nice destinations, Skagway being my favourite, Ketchikan a close second. It would have got my first vote, but only because we got thoroughly soaked with the rain, which of course you can't blame the destination on. The biggest disappointment was the length of time (or lack of) we were in Victoria Canada. I know of other ships that spend the day there, but what can you do at 7.45 at night in just over 3 hours? (by the time we had to be back on the ship)

The ship in general was nice, but because of constant use, looks a little "warn". Great to have an on-board laundry, which they lack on a lot of other ships

The best thing would have to be the food, very impressed. Especially the desserts. Have travelled on Holland America, and Celebrity, and their choice was very boring compared to Princess. Main meal dining was excellent, great service, with very little time to wait considering there was over 3,000 people on board.

The cabin was a good size, chose an oceanview, which I was pleased with. The bed I found a little too firm, especially compared to my other 2 cruises. Also, bedding could do with a blanket as well as a sheet. Not everyone feels the cold, and I felt the bedding to be too warm. But after a request, my bed was re-made with a sheet and blanket which was good. Air conditioning though was on the coldest setting, and I felt was still a little too warm. if I could have turned the temperature down, as I did on other cruises I had been on, then I would not have needed to ask for a change of bedding. The room and shower were fine, didn't find the room too small.

Entertainment was very average. I liked one of the comedians, and thoroughly enjoyed the disco theme theatre night, but didn't bother to attend all of the entertainment. Movies under the stars would have been better if the weather was a little warmer, but of course because of the destination, that was not possible. Usually look for other entertainment around the ship, but was a little disappointed. I found the few times I was entertained the length of time was a little too short

The room attendants were great, as they are on all the cruises (3) I have now been on. They really do earn their tips.

The embarkation, and disembarkation, were very well organised, a 10 out of 10.

cavalierkc's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Oceanview E703

Nice cabin, very happy with this room towards the rear of the ship. Was great to have a view, my previous sailings being inside cabin. Room comfortable, even though bed was a little on the too firm side.

cavalierkc