3. Grand Celebration
I read soooo many reviews prior to booking and I was def on edge upon arriving but I must say I DID NOT ENCOUNTER half of the disasters i read. We traveled on a Saturday and came back Monday. Port of Palm Beach There were no long lines or long waits (we arrived around 4:30 pm) I pulled up got my belongings out the trunk, paid the 17$ per night for valet parking ( i read they accept cards and the gentlemen who approached us said cash only, so be prepared just in case) went thru security up to the check in (it's an advantage having the paper work completed prior to arrival) after documents were seen and key cards were given we went to the other side where u can take a welcome picture, book excursions, make reservations, and buy drink packages. I was not forced or pushed into buying anything, as a matter of fact we took our pic stopped to get a excursion paper and by passed everyone else and made our way on the ship. SHIP We went to the shore excursion booking desk to find out the prices on the one we were interested in, we may have waited maybe 5 minutes, I can say the jeep excursions was waaaayyy overpriced ($93 bucks per person) so we declined any excursions and decided we would just take a taxi out. We then decided to drop our luggage off and check out our rooms, we were on the floor E for Equinox, the room was very nice, nice size for the two of us, We never cruised before so we had nothing to compare it too but we did hear the horror stories of a small room, it was an ocean view and VERY VERY COLD, so we had no A/C complaints, as a matter of fact at night it got really cold and we did not see a thermostat to adjust so we just dealt with the extra blankets and each other to stay warmer :) we ran into our room keeper, i cant remember his name but he was very nice and always greeted us with a smile, we were promised a bottle of champaign because we were celebrating a anniversary, which was not in the room upon arrival, but i checked with customer service who got it delivered right away with no problem. we pretty much just tried to familiarize ourselves with the boat, we visited many of the rooms to see what they had to offer, i still cant remember the decks by hard, my bf was a master at it though :) We watched some activities that were going on and ate some hot dogs, hamburgers and fries. Listen out for the announcements they let u know whats going on and where, if u r a drinker they keep u informed of the drink specials as well :) We ate in the stellar room, i did not like being seated with strangers but hey it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, i had the salmon and veggies and the Jamaican jerk pork, i loved the salmon better the other dish was ok, i loved the cheesecake but i didn't like the desert choices the second night. we went to the regal room i think it was called and watched the show they offered at 7 but we didn't care for it much, so we didn't stay the entire time. That evening we went to the room with the saxaphone player and singer and I truly enjoyed there session and the songs they were playing was the bomb.com we visited a club also there music choices were good as well. the breakfast leftovers (we arrived around 10 am, so get their earlier for better variety) was not as good but we were ok with just putting something in our stomachs before getting off to see the island. I did experience a bit of sea sick the first night but i went to the customer service desk and got the complimentary pills. ISLAND We got off the boat and waiting on a taxi round trip for two of us was $20, WAY BETTER THAN $93. we were taken to Lucaya marketplace, where we picked up a few souvenirs(i can see where the shop owners can become a pest but I think of it as its there job and they are trying to make a living) we got some fresh conch lobster and conch salad which was very good and very cheap we then got a pina colada drink fixed inside a coconut, we visited there casino(which didn't have much a/c but we won $7 bucks off $1,cant complain) we also visited there beach but we didn't stay too long because it was very hot,we arrived back to the boat by 3:30 pm and was met by NO LINES.... We then went to freshen up ate dinner again in the stellar room, caught a free comedy show,hung out in a club then called it a night, We were up and ready by 8:30 AM many others thought like us,the earlier the better,we did have to wait but it was not nearly as long as the reviews i read, i can say the time consuming part was arrival back to the port and waiting on customs, ITS TRUE THE PASSPORT LINE GOES FASTER,and waiting on valet to bring the car. All in all I enjoyed our brief vacation and for the price i really cant complain, i recommend going yourself and experience it rather than going by what others say, i def didn't regret this Groupon purchase and next time we want to take the kids

Nice for a Weekend Getaway and the Price