• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Marina Review

Editor Rating
37 Awards

It's the little things that make or break a cruise.

Review for Marina to Spain
Dave033
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2015
Cabin: Concierge Level

We booked our trip through a travel agent who strongly advised cruising on one of Oceania's new ships. Thankfully, they made advanced reservations in the restaurants. Our meal at Ginger ended with us walking out of the dining room when our entree had not been served in a little over 1 1/2 hours. This through the wait staff in a tail spin. They followed us saying that our meal was now being cooked. I advised the hotel manager of the situation. The Ginger manager called and asked us to return and that they would sit us with a "charming" couple. The charming elderly man managed to spill a full glass of red wine in my wife's lap and left the apologies to his wife. New table. Take 3. The food was really very good. So good that I ordered a Hot Saki. Not a high end product mind you but the same that could be ordered in any Japanese restaurant for $6 -8.00. The tab was $29.50.

Typically, we do not book excursions in advance. We were glad for that. $120.00 each to follow someone carrying a Oceania flag around for 3 hours. We took a Hop On Hop Off bus. We got to witness this forced march from the comfort of a side walk cafe with a glass or 2 of good reasonably priced wine.

The pool area was a nice retreat had it not been the wait staff waking you to ask if you wanted a drink. I did break down to 2 or 3 beers at $7.97 each.

Concierge Level

Cabin A4

The cabin was nice. A little on the small side with a Veranda. I think the shower was a converted phone booth.

5 Helpful Votes