3. Pacific Princess
We are a family of 5 with a 21,19 & 18 year old. We flew into fairbanks alaska and did several days in Denali before heading to Whitter where we cruised the inside passage for 7 days and flew home from Vancouver. For starters I wasn't going to do the land portion because of cost and time. But I am SO glad we did. Denali National Park was one of our favorite parts. The number of Animals we say was amazing. The cruise was good, but we are NOT cruise people, this is probably the only cruise I would consider going on and it really gave you a great view of this portion of Alaska and I liked that most of it was planned for me. So for me the easiest way to write this is by going chronologically. Fairbanks, is an ok city - we did the riverboat float trip which we all found very interesting and loved the scenery and the little village we got to visit. Princess Denali Lodge - we went white water rafting, where we paddled. It was GREAT!!! one of our best adventures on the trip. We then took the shorter bus ride into Denali Natural History Tour into national park, it was OK. Not much wild life to see, from all the reviews I read the Tundra bus ride is better, but we did not have the extra time for it. thank goodness on the way out we saw 2 moose, which is all my son wanted to see. Princess Mt. Mckinley Lodge - beautiful weather and we were one of the few blessed with clear sky and a spectacular view of the mountain. The restaurant at this hotel was good. From here we took the Talkeetna River Float Trip, I would of liked something a bit more adventurous but it was a beautiful relaxing ride. The walk through town was nice too. go and see the mayor (a cat) and visit the ranger station. We were on the Pacific Princess (the old love boat) and it is a bit smaller others, which is why I picked it. Though the staff tried to organize events many of the passengers did not participate so not much was going on, my kids were fairly bored on the boat. Maybe I should of gone with the bigger boat so there were more activities. They enjoyed the stops and the scenery and some of the evening shows were good but beside that there really wasn't anything to do when we were at sea all day. Also the food was ok, nothing special. The steak restaurant was great. While on board the ship we saw some beautiful glaciers, sunsets and mountains. We saw from the boat eagles, sea lions, otter, orca, dolphins, humpback whales, bears. One night we were surrounded by so many whales the sky was full of water from their blow holes. My big kids were jumping up and down at the sight. Glacier National Park was great, saw the ice calving and even had an eagle fly above us. We all thought this was fantastic. And if you are paying attention you can watch the rangers board and disembark the boat which they do while the ship is moving, crazy! Skagway, we did rock climbing which is way harder then I thought and not for folks who are not athletic and adventurous. We all loved this, but not much scenery to be seen here you are in the woods. We also did mushers camp, which my kids loved seeing all the puppies and getting a "sled" ride. Also on the way down the mountain they stopped so you can enjoy the scenery and there is a stream near by that we saw the salmon running in. We went into town and did a tour of the red onion, which we all enjoyed. A very old town and cool to walk around Juneau, we did a mendenhall glacier hike then off to whale watching. The glacier and the hike through the forest was beautiful. And the whale watching did not disappoint. We saw several whales that kept showing off for us and we all loved this. When returning to the harbor there was feeding eagles that we got to watch fish. I also left my pocketbook on the boat and the boat crew called the cruise ship to find me and return it. Juneau was a nice town to walk through, a lot of shops to see. Ketchikan, we went bear watching and again this did not disappoint. We saw a bear and an eagle catching salmon. If you have an opportunity to be there during the salmon run, try it was so amazing to see all the rivers full of them. All and all the best trip we have every taken as a family. I would highly recommend it. But if I enjoyed researching and organizing a trip by myself or were to go again, I would go to denali national park for a few days and hike more then go to whitter and do day cruises.

Cruise With Active Teens

Ages 16+
Get Pacific Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB 7049
we had 2 rooms a balcony and interior. both were very nice and clean with plenty of room to store your stuff. I liked the balcony because we were able to watch the scenery from the comforts of our own room.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins