3. Carnival Paradise
Had a relaxing 5 night cruise last week. Started in the PORT OF TAMPA with easy drop off luggage at port, hubby chose to park in Garage about a block away. Cost was $75.00 for the entire week- covered with security/great deal in my opinion. Average shows on the ship- Appeared the guys/men in the show were much older dancers/singers than the girls that were in the entertainment staff. We had EARLY DINING in Destiny. Surprised to see that now LOBSTER and upgraded cut steaks were at a cost of 20.00 extra per night. Several other options to choose from-you can order as much of each item as you feel you can eat. They have no problems serving more than one entrée or appetizer if requested. Staff sang/danced 4 out of 5 nights. Casino and bar right outside casino was full of SMOKERS. I personally don't like smoking and didn't appreciate an open bar in the middle of the ship for smokers. You had to walk through there to get to Karaoke Bar/Comedy Club. There were certainly other areas that could have been secluded for the smokers in the cruise. Comedy shows were great PG/R rated versions. However, I thought having them at 1100-1130 at night was late even for me! Easy exiting for ports- had no problems on/off the ship. Just make sure you keep your ship card at all times. Carried minimal cash in port for tips for excursions. Pool was TINY for such a large ship. Disappointment and no need to go in it. There was a slide that landed into that tiny pool. Went to the adult area one time, small pool and hot tubs over crowded. Basketball area was also crowded. Never got to putt-putt as it was closed due to high winds most of the time we sailed. Free LEMONADEs on POOL DECK/ LIDO DECK. LIDO deck 10- had general buffet- pizza, salad, grilled sandwiches, outside on pool deck burgers/Mongolian grill (hubby loved). Customer Service Desk/Excursions great customer service. BINGO was horribly slow with newbies trying to play and holding up the event. Made it very very boring- we only played once-Price was high for the payouts. Cost two of us approx. 84.00 first game payout 70.00 bucks, only played four games. Multiple trivia games throughout ship days-average Grand Cayman- did the beach trip 42.00 a person--average. Great beach with chair, shower, bath and one free drink (haha). Got us to the beach and back just in time for one of the last ferry to the boat. Cozumel- DUNE BUGGIES EXCELLENT. PEDRO and KIKI were our tour guides. You must be able to drive a stick shift and prepare to walk a bit. The tour was exclusively on paved streets. Short stop for snorkeling with tequila tasting afterwards at preserved park-no sunscreen allowed (big downfall this time of year). Just apply when you get back in the dune buggy as your next ride is 45 minutes in car with excellent scenery. I only wished we could have stopped at one of the other beaches to swim for a bit. However, you do stop for a lunch -Mexican fajitas, rice, chips, salsa. I chose not to eat because I was unsure of the food being outside under pavilion etc. Canned drinks/bottle water included right on the beach. I opted to swim while everyone else devoured the food. Husband said it was good and he didn't get sick which was great! If you take the dune buggy- bring towels for seat (they get hard and hot), bring sunscreen for ride after snorkel trip, sunglasses and tip money. These guys did a great job- we gave a tip and surprised that so many people just don't tip the tour guides. Cost was 89.00 approx. per person- I thought it was worth it for the money! Had plenty of time to browse shops after the tour--I didn't have any intentions of shopping.

Carnival Paradise; Nice Cruise, Great Price

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by TraceyM

Customer Service Desk/Excursions great customer service.

Multiple trivia games throughout ship days-average

TraceyM’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6E M90
M90 was located on 5th floor. Elevators were slow and working only half the time. Most activities were on the 9th,10th floors- lots of climbing--but needed the exercise for all the food we were eating so we were okay. If you don't like climbing stairs you need to get rooms on upper decks.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Dune Buggy
    Pedro and KIKI did an excellent job. Started meeting right off the boat. Left area approx. 1140 due to late guest (as always expected). Headed a short walk to our dune buggies. All are stick shift- must be able to drive (someone in your party). Short drive to snorkel area for approx. 45 min -no sunscreen allowed due to marine restrictions-wear a shirt if need too. Bring towels for seat is hard and hot in dune buggy. Surprised by free tequila tasting. Didn't choose to buy photos at snorkeling that were taken/printed-however when we were at the car they cut the price in half and tried to sell again. Bring bottle water--sodas at that site are 5.00 each! Lockers for rent 9.00 with 4.00 returned with return of key. Long ride in buggy to other side of island to beach with pavilion with Mexican Food. I opted not to eat, did drink the soda and bottle water included in excursion price and decided to swim while the others pigged out under the pavilion. Nice ride through downtown-although a bit scary with area we were in. Told to stay in tight caravan- guides in front buggy and last buggy in case we got stopped at lights. They really did awesome job. They love what they do and are very knowledgeable. We did give tip and surprised how many people do not tip the tour guides. Would do this excursion again--need good weather. All buggies are convertibles!!
    View All 94 Dune Buggy Reviews
  • Beach
    Price was 42.00 (cheap tickets) without food/drinks. We were given one drink, one lounger chair per person and transportation to and from beach. This was approx. 4 hours. We relaxed and snorkeled on beach -brought our own gear. Great weather, no need to rent umbrella-shade trees on edge of beach. Showers outside-average. Bathrooms worked and clean / average for beach style
  • Tampa
    Easy check in and boarding the boat. Arrived at 1030 on the ship by noon- what we expected.
    View All 573 Tampa Cruise Port Reviews