Oriana Cruise Review

Oriana Cruise Review by Greyboy

• Sail Date: Aug 2015
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Outside Twin with Window

this was are first ever cruise so I have nothing to compare against but I can certainly tell when a ship is looking worn out.

On arrival day one we had been on the ship no more than five minutes and spa treatments were being introduced to us in a elevator of all places whilst we were still were carrying our hand luggage.

We arrived at are cabin a hour or so later when it was ready a nice enough cabin but a few maintenance problems I.e. cupboard doors, toilet flush issues but the cabin was always kept very clean.

What I found more disappointing was the general look of the ship you could see she was a grand lady in her day and still could be, but she is worked constantly without time for a refit and all maintenance is carried out at sea. All the time on our cruise the maintenance was carried out a patch work quilt of grey primer paint and white flecks of paint on the decks through grinding, a generator the size of a large van on the sun deck due to some problems below, the attrium water feature never worked for the duration of the cruise it's a shame as we were looking forward to this holiday for a long time.

The food we found hit and miss

Eating in the conservatory Don't bother!

Eating the Oriental average.

Eating in peninsular average.

Eating in the ocean grill excellent.

Eating in the beach house good.

The entertainment on board was OK but it got a bit the same old thing at the end of the cruise. I spoke to a few people on the cruise about there experience on board and the one thing they all had in common was the way p&o had lost a lot of there traditional values, and All the changes seen on board are for the worse.

As I said at the beginning of this review we hadn't cruised before so had nothing to compare it with but from my findings this was a long way from perfect compared to other cruise companys.

We won't be bothering again.

Greyboy's Full Rating Summary