3. Queen of the Mississippi
I chose back to back one week trips for this adventure. I have traveled on American Cruise Lines many times on many ships and have never been disappointed. This trip was on the paddlewheeler Queen of the Mississippi. I flew to Memphis two days early in order to stay at the legendary Peabody Hotel, a grand old hotel, and was glad that I did. Since the ship holds a max of 150 passengers, embarkation was very easy and was handled by one of the Cruise Directors at the end of the gangplank. My lovely cabin was ready. I chose Deck four for its quiet nature. Those who like a little more activity might choose Deck two which has two large lounges, a small lounge and the Hotel Manager's Office. There is one large dining room which holds everyone at once. Open seating is the rule at all meals. The food is quite good and abundant. Half portions are always available. In the morning, passengers are given menu choices for lunch and dinner. Several choices are always available, and special requests can be written at the bottom of the menu card. These cards are collected and given to the chef. I had several special requests during the journey which were always honored. Almost every day there were shore excursions which, on this cruise, were complementary. I took all of them because I think that there is something to be learned everywhere. The local guides were, for the most part, very knowledgeable. This is a journey for adults, not for children. The daily complementary cocktail hour before dinner was always well attended and the accompanying hors d'ouvres were excellent! I was sorry to disembark. The transfer to the airport was done with ease. I am looking forward to my next river cruise with American Cruise Lines.

Memphis to Nashville to St. Louis on American Cruise Lines

Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Review by pathcat

pathcat’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Cruise Lines Queen of the Mississippi price drops

I was upgraded to a suite. It was exceedingly spacious, as was my balcony. The room contained a king size bed, two easy chairs, two dressers, two night stands and a desk with a chair. Keurig coffee makers are in all rooms. Binoculars were provided. A small refrigerator was present. It was stocked with complementary soft drinks and wine. I was traveling alone and felt like a princess! The TV set was also a DVD player. DVDs were available in the library.
I was sorry to leave this lovely room! Large bathroom...big shower!