• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

autumnjoy
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2015
Cabin:

Enjoyed a lovely river cruise down the Danube recently. This was my first cruise of any sort. The rooms were amazing ( we, along with another couple, booked a category 3 room, #301 & #305.) These rooms were among the category 2 rooms which were in the middle of the ship. Ours were on the end. We could not tell why the rooms were in a different category and they were quiet and very lovely, and a bit cheaper then the rooms in the middle. The rooms were small but had everything you could want. The bed linens, mattresses, towels, were all top quality and luxurious.

The food and service were beyond amazing and the staff can not do enough for you. We are gluten free, and the chef made a point to come out each evening and point out what we could eat or modified what was on the menu to fit our needs. Truly impressed with the quality and variety of food.

The ports we stopped in were lovely and at times we could walk right off the boat into the little towns. I was not prepared for the larger cities and that we would be bussed around so much. We took the all day trip to Salzburg and visited a small town on the lake. Only stayed about 45 minutes and then back on the bus. Would have loved to stay on the lake a bit. That part I didn't like, as I felt like I was constantly watching my time. If I had to do it again, I would have skipped Salzburg and walked around the town of Linz instead just to avoid being on the bus so much. I know everyone loves Salzburg but 4 hours on the bus was too much for me.

1 Helpful Vote