3. Norwegian Gem
We enjoyed our cruise to Halifax, Nova Scotia; St. John, Bay of Fundy; Bar Harbor, Maine; and Newport, Rhode Island. The ship is very nice, and the staff are excellent. However, the food was disappointing. The appetizers and entrees were OK, but the desserts were bad. If I was blindfolded, I would not be able to guess what it was. No flavor. Poor texture. This is the fourth cruise for me, all on different lines. This cruise was definitely the worst with respect to taste (or lack there of) of the food. Also, the water had an odd taste. I added lemon to it to mask the taste. As a result, I did not drink a lot of water, which is a bad thing. I was very thirsty most of the time. Because I can drive to the embarkation port, next time I will bring a suitcase of bottled water.

Great Ship and Staff; Disappointing Food

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by donut woman

donut woman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Inside
Cabin IC 9669
Tiny, but we only slept there. The bed was comfortable, and the cabin was always clean. Outstanding stateroom steward!
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins