• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

marybor
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2015
Cabin:

This was my 2nd cruise on MSC, the 1st being last Christmas on Armonia, and as my title says, it's getting better and better. The ship is very luxurious and more comfortable than what is usual on cruise ships. My cabin was roomy and fully adequate for single occupancy but I shudder to think of two people in it and the balcony was a bit on the small side, again only adequate for a single person. I had loads of hanging space and drawers which I didn't even open, and my suitcase fitted beautifully under the bed! My room was kept spotlessly clean as was the entire ship. I had breakfast and lunch in the buffet and I dined in the main dining room each evening with lovely dining companions. Each evening saw me in the Zebra lounge from where I wandered into Pigalle to dance the night away. I love being on ships so I seldom got off, except to take a walking tour in Bari, which was very interesting, and to take a return trip into Old Town Dubrovnik, as the last time I was there was in June and it was too hot to breathe!! I really enjoy the ship when it's mostly deserted! Embarkation was fast and simple, I was aboard in ten minutes, disembarkation took a while longer, though I was in no hurry to leave!.

Port Reviews

Venice

This was my 5th time in Venice in the last few months, each time either embarking or disembarking, and as there was a plane to catch, trying to visit the city was too stressful.

Dubrovnik

Took shuttle bus to re-visit the Old Town. It was too hot last time I was here. Cool day was a blessing!

Istanbul

Been here before so stayed onboard and enjoyed the ship

Izmir

Just took a walk along the quay side and photographed the billboards!

Katakolon (Olympia)

I've been here twice before so didn't intend a third time, just as well, as the ship was unable to dock due to high winds!

11 Helpful Votes