3. Viking Forseti
This was my 6th Viking river cruise. I travel mostly with my sister and we enjoy them immensely. We planned this trip late, within a few months or sailing. We did not do any of the extended tours, so we flew to Bordeaux and embarked on the Viking Forseti. The ship was excellent as was the service. The food on Viking river is always good and the wine they served as complimentary was relevant to the areas where we were traveling. We had a balcony room on the middle floor. The onboard activities are fun and any presentations are relevant to the stops or an occasional cooking demonstration. On past cruises, we were offered kitchen and wheelhouse tours, but they were not offered on this cruise. Shore excursions - we are particular about shore excursions as far as uniqueness and keeping the walking to a minimum as my sister uses a cane. We particularly enjoyed the Cognac excursion and the trip to Aubuchon Bay to see oyster farms and sample fresh oysters. Disembarkation was excellent as they accompany you to the airport and assure you are checked in and have no problems. We chose Viking to schedule our flights which is ok but not great. Overall this was an excellent experience. I will continue to travel with Viking and recommend them to others.

Chateaux, Rivers and Wine, and More

djdemerling’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Forseti price drops

Veranda Superior
Cabin A
Cabin is spacious for a cruise.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins