Regal Princess Cruise Review

Regal Princess Cruise Review by andypandy1

• Sail Date: Aug 2015
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

This was a very busy itinerary through lovely countries with the highlight for us Estonia and Russia. We stayed 3 nights in Copenhagen first and really enjoyed this city as it is so easily walked. We also took a 'Round the Sound' ticket and spent a day travelling north in Denmark, ferry across to Sweden and then train back down to Malmo and back across to Copenhagen.

Embarkation was quick and easy and well organised compared to some other cruise lines.

Regal Princess was a beautiful ship, well set out and it never felt busy with exception of the Buffet at peak times, which is normal.

Restaurant dining was very pleasant, perhaps not as beautifully presented food as I have had on other cruise lines but still fantastic.

My travelling companion was mobility challenged and at times it was very difficult to catch an elevator, which were full of able bodied people who could easily have walked - if only they had the stairway open all the way up the ship. This I found rather strange and very frustrating.

Activities that I would have enjoyed were few and far between and enrichment talks/ lectures etc almost non-existent. This was the only complaint that I had really and luckily most days we were in port and I had no need for anything extra to do/attend. I found the up-selling of Princess products painfully annoying and too frequent.

We stayed in a mini-suite which was fantastic and we really enjoyed the extra space that it offered with the separate sitting area and 3 seater couch which also gave us plenty of room for storing the wheelchair. The bathroom was well equipped and spacious by cruise standards. Beds were very comfy and the linen beautiful quality.

We did not take port excursions from the ship except for a disembarkation tour which dropped us off at the airport at the end of the cruise. This was pleasant and well organised. Disembarkation was extremely smooth and pain-free.

On the whole service was great as it always is on cruises - no different to other cruise lines really.

andypandy1's Full Rating Summary

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Oslo

did it ourselves using public transport (bus and ferry) from the pier. Went to all the museums and had a lovely day. Oslo is VERY expensive.

Aarhus

Not really much to see or do here but a small, relatively quiet place to wander around.

Berlin

Took a private small group tour and went to Berlin. Although a very long day it was worth it to see all the important places from recent history. Would recommend.

Tallinn

Loves this little, old town. Did not take a tour but simply went to all the usual tourist spots and walked the streets to soak in the atmosphere. It was very busy and extremely difficult if you are mobility challenged. I managed to push my companion in her wheelchair up to the top of the hill in the old town but it was hard work and you need to be fit and healthy yourself to do so. Recommended.

St. Petersburg

We did a 2 day tour with a private company and I think this was the highlight of the cruise. St Petersburg is an absolute treasure trove of history, architecture and beauty. As we were a small group we were able go to the Faberge Museum which most big groups do not do. I was so glad that we did. This together with the Church of the Spilled Blood were the most amazing and beautiful of all. I would gladly go back to St Petersburg even though it is on the other side of the world to me. Amazing!

Helsinki

We took a private tour. Whilst our guide was great unfortunately there is not much to see here. The Rock Church is the exception. This was the first and only day we had for the entire trip where we got rain and it did put a dampener on the day.

Stockholm

Took a private tour and enjoyed Stockholm. It is a lovely place and whilst there were no superb highlights it is a pleasant and very pretty city to visit.

andypandy1