3. Regal Princess
This was a very busy itinerary through lovely countries with the highlight for us Estonia and Russia. We stayed 3 nights in Copenhagen first and really enjoyed this city as it is so easily walked. We also took a 'Round the Sound' ticket and spent a day travelling north in Denmark, ferry across to Sweden and then train back down to Malmo and back across to Copenhagen. Embarkation was quick and easy and well organised compared to some other cruise lines. Regal Princess was a beautiful ship, well set out and it never felt busy with exception of the Buffet at peak times, which is normal. Restaurant dining was very pleasant, perhaps not as beautifully presented food as I have had on other cruise lines but still fantastic. My travelling companion was mobility challenged and at times it was very difficult to catch an elevator, which were full of able bodied people who could easily have walked - if only they had the stairway open all the way up the ship. This I found rather strange and very frustrating. Activities that I would have enjoyed were few and far between and enrichment talks/ lectures etc almost non-existent. This was the only complaint that I had really and luckily most days we were in port and I had no need for anything extra to do/attend. I found the up-selling of Princess products painfully annoying and too frequent. We stayed in a mini-suite which was fantastic and we really enjoyed the extra space that it offered with the separate sitting area and 3 seater couch which also gave us plenty of room for storing the wheelchair. The bathroom was well equipped and spacious by cruise standards. Beds were very comfy and the linen beautiful quality. We did not take port excursions from the ship except for a disembarkation tour which dropped us off at the airport at the end of the cruise. This was pleasant and well organised. Disembarkation was extremely smooth and pain-free. On the whole service was great as it always is on cruises - no different to other cruise lines really.

Busy Baltic Cruise on Regal