3. Costa Fascinosa
It was my second cruise and the first mediterranean one, and the first one with Costa. I was very, very worried when I have read the reviews, but then I have decided to give Costa and Costa Fascinosa an honest review from my perspective. We have arrived to the port at 11:00. The baggage drop was polite, efficient and with a minimal queue. Then we have waited for quite a long while for the check-in, and there were two minor problems: pens for filling in the health questions were not distributed, and only two ladies were checking in - and the queue was moving very slowly. Then we have embarked and there was no more queues. We have been invited to a room where the safety video was played... but we had to wait for absolute ages and it was rather frustrating, as we were not offered a drink or a chance to buy one. The buffet was served and we were let into the cabins at 13:00. The safety drill was very minimal in comparison to Princess cruise I've previously been to. We had an inside cabin. It was spacious and comfortable. Someone mentioned the finger-breaking door handles. I usually don't complain about such things, but they were ridiculous. The bathroom was perfectly nice as well. Our room was kept in good order all the week. Food and drinks: we had the 'Extra' All inclusive. The illy coffee was excellent, and the cocktails and wines were really nice. The food was EXCELLENT in the restaurant. I absolutely loved almost every dish I have tried, I liked the variety and taste, and the mirroring of the regions of Italy we have sailed nearby was an absolutely amazing touch! The desserts were maybe not that excellent as the mains and starters, but being a foodie I have been really happy. The portions were small and i have loved it, as it allowed me to have a proper four course meal. In the buffet the food was ok, but the variety was rather limited (but everything was fresh and tasty!). Our waitress was the most polite, friendly, lovely and charming waitress I have ever been served by! However, getting someone to serve you a drink at breakfast was an absolute nightmare, and the restaurant service at the Otto e Mezzo restaurant during breakfast on the disembarkation day was dreadful. The ship decor was glitzy and a bit dated to be honest, but it had some Italian charm. The entertainment was really poor. The dancing to the live music was ok, the shows were awful (except for the acrobatic show and the illusionist). The jazz pianists were ok (one of two was very good!). The other things, like the miss costa fashions pageant was dreadful. I hoped for a good set of enrichment activities and there was next to nothing. The excursions were well organised and I thought they were an ok value. The worst thing were the other customers: loud and extremely rude, hogging the sunbeds from early mornings, disrespecting any queues in the buffet, pushing and screaming, I have been rather shocked. I guess it is not exactly Costa's fault, but it made the cruise difficult at times.

Not Very Classy, Otherwise Very Nice

Costa Fascinosa Cruise Review by irjanka

The excursions were well organised and I thought they were an ok value.

irjanka’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Fascinosa price drops

Inside Classic
Cabin IC 1090
Nice and spacious, well tidied, lots of space for clothes, I can't complain about anything!
Marlene Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins