3. Celestyal Crystal
This was a cruise booked for a group of 42 of us. The ship was smaller than most cruise ships and therefore, much more movement than expected (6 floors). Our cabin was located above the motor, 5th from the back, and all items were vibrating on the table as we sailed. I had to sleep with my head at the foot of the bed. The food was so sub par, there were times when the food would actually run out and the "cattle drive" was complete with pushing and shoving. One "nice" meal in which my husband opted for the extra $13 euro for Surf and Turf, resulted in an inedible lobster that was colored brown and unknown time residing in the freezer. The service was sub-par as it appeared that all staff was new, as they did not know much about what they were serving or what options were available. The staff appeared to be unhappy and although some of them made an effort, it appeared that they had been treated so poorly, they were afraid to ask a manager any question, proposed by a customer. We were told that it was a converted German Battle ship and therefore, if required could move faster in the water to reach a destination before other cruise ships. Based on this statement, I should have expected a "military boot camp" experience. The prior month, I had travelled on a Missionary Trip to the jungles in Peru, these accommodations were similar without the joy that accompanies serving. Of our pretty large group, this was a first cruise for many and for those, it was their last cruise.

The accomodations, food, and service can be described as roughing it.

Celestyal Crystal Cruise Review by mslatam@aol.com