3. Seven Seas Voyager
We have taken over 35 cruises during our marriage. Certainly some have been better than others but we have never been disappointed in a cruise until this one. We have so many friends that will only travel on Regent and endlessly have told us that until we have gone on a Regent cruise we really have not experienced what great cruising is all about. Admittedly, it was with that kind of build up that we booked and took our cruise, but the whole issue about Regent was that it was 5+ stars. To me that means just what it says. I can assure you that while some areas definitely met the 5+ star rating, overall it was 3 star at best. Upon arrival at the dock, they had a computer issue. Instead of orderly quick boarding, we stood with 600 other passengers for 3 hours before we could board. Now anyone can have a computer issue but wouldn't you think they would attempt to get seating, a little water, a glass of champayne (we had paid for it as the cruise is 'all inclusive"); we got nothing! The entertainment consisted of an amatuer comedian/magician who was on two nights. We walked out the first night, a clarinet player that played for 2 nights; one was plenty as he had zero personality; an acrobatic couple that played 2 nights, and finally a las vegas show for two nights that was well choreographed. The very worst entertainment we have ever had over the course of cruising (remember, this is supposed to be 5+stars) The staterooms are spacious and well laid out and the room service and butler were extremely good and met expectations but the carpet is aged, stained and faded as are the bed coverings. The food is above average but not near 5 star. They have a steak and also a french specialty restaurant but quite frankly the other main restaurant is just as good so they have no real distinction. Food overall was 3.5 to 5 star. They should really not try to merchandise as their shopping area and product while very expensive seem as an after thought They did have Canyon Ranch as their spa service and that was well done. But they did not have enough to do. I have never been on a cruise where there was not lots going on. If you are reading this, know that we have often been travelers with the concierge service level stateroom and service on the Holland American Lines and Crystal. These ships are larger which some people do not like. But if you are going to pay what you do on Regent you can book the upper levels on these other ships for the same or less and have enough privacy that you do not feel like cattle because they take care of you. Both these other lines pick up the misses that Regent had Lastly, we booked a 3 night post trip to Prague as did 5 other couples we met. Same story; waited 2 hours at the airport for transfer to the hotel. They could not provide us our flight info to Prague until the day before we ended the cruise. They obviously booked us with an agency in Prague and trips got messed up. Don't forget this was to be a 5+star experience. After reading this, I guess you want to say 'don't they ever stop complaining'. I understand your thinking but honestly my wife and I are not conplainers; we never write reviews, but this time.....

Unexpected Disappointment From a Reasonable Couple