MSC Armonia Cruise Review

MSC Armonia Cruise Review by Windy Miller

• Sail Date: Sep 2015
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Suite

My husband and I were offered this cruise at a very good price, of which we were a bit sceptical, but we need not have worried.

We also took out the Allegressimo package for our drinks, a must if you like a drink or two.

We booked a balcony cabin but on receiving our tickets were pleasantly surprised to have been given a suite! Our cabin steward I Made Awan (Madie) was excellent. Only disappointment no animal towels. We were on Deck 10 and had some of the best views of being in port and were able to watch the pilot leave the ship on a few occasions.

Having been upgraded to the suite also meant we were upgraded on our restaurant and were given La Pergola restaurant with anytime dining. This I am sure contributed to our overall expierience. The food here was excellent. The wine on the package that is offered here in the restaurant is also very palatable. I particularly liked the sparkling and the Merlot. The service from the waiters was of a high standard with some being nicer than others.

Entertainment comes in various locations on the ship and I would say caters for most tastes, with a continental leaning. We did not visit the theatre but understood from fellow passengers that the booking system left a lot to be desired together with the variety of the shows and that they were short in duration.

Deck 11 and 12 are the outside areas and the pool deck I felt was one of the best I have seen. Sunbeds were always available even on days when you had been ashore.

Shore excursions rarely entice us in, but given we were docking at Salerno we did do the Amalfi coast tour by sea. Otherwise we just did our own thing, but felt that the shuttle bus charges were on the high side.

I would certainly cruise with MSC again .

Windy Miller's Full Rating Summary

Suite
Cabin S3 1014

Very spacious with the luxury of a walk in wardrobe. We were particularly spoilt with also having a bath as well as a power shower.The bed was extremely comfortable. More than enough space for your clothes.

Marseille

We found this to be a dirty town and very little to do other than shopping

Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)

Having visited Palma before it was nice to return and just amble our way through the streets and alleyways

Malta (Valletta)

Loved the approach to Valletta port lots to see. A port we will return to

Taormina (Messina)

We did the open top tour offered from the square which is a short walk from the port.

Windy Miller