• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

wassup4565
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2015
Cabin: Large Ocean View Stateroom

We had booked this TA 11 months in advance, and chose it because we would sail on the Brilliance, our favourite class of RCI ships.

The ports were more or less fun, interesting, or not so much. This review concentrates on our 15-day experience on the ship.

This was my eighth cruise on RCI and ninth in total. I'm still scratching my head. The CD, entertainment staff, and cabin staff were so great. The Windjammer staff, Security staff, and sometimes, dining room staff were often horrible. How can you excuse the black-jacket Dining Room "host" who told us to reserve for MTD dining at 7:15, kept us waiting in line with others who had the same reservation time for half an hour, and then saucily told us we had to be patient. When I told him the only appropriate thing he could do was apologize for telling us to make the reservation at that time, he responded by blaming the problem on me.

Large Ocean View Stateroom

Cabin H

Nice cabin, with a huge window.

Port Reviews

Harwich

Gritty, nothing to see here.

Le Havre

Rented a car, saw the War beaches, drove through beautiful French countryside.

Cobh (Cork)

Awesome. Took the local little train to see around and then spent several hours being serenaded by Irish people.

Halifax

Walked around. Beautiful.

Reykjavik

Rented car, which is the only way to go.

3 Helpful Votes