3. Norwegian Getaway
I am a huge Norwegian fan so I was very much looking forward to getting on the Getaway. What a disappointment! The ship was very pretty but so extremely crowded that it made you feel that you had to fight your way into everything. Any other freestyle was very relaxing and you decided what you wanted to do and just went and did it. This ship, one has to book everything days in advance if not before even getting on board! The bars had three to four rows of people making it virtually impossible to get near them. We did stay in the Haven luckily and were able to be somewhat human there but we tried several times to go see the pool in the public area and it was so crowded we turned and ran back to the Haven. the bars and lounges were filled with young 20 and immature 30 year olds. We saw one demonstration on martinis where one of the frat boys jumped up and started drinking out of the bottles the man was using to show how to make different martinis. They were asked to leave but only after they made a scene. I also saw other 30 and up people strolling around saying there is nothing to do! You had to pay extra for Illusionarium. You had to reserve any other show so by the middle of the cruise many former NCL people I ran into said they would never take one of the carnival type boats again. Specialty restaurants that were once quaint and romantic now were loud and so crowded you practically were sitting on your neighbors lap. I think the buffet was quieter than some of the special places now that dining and drink packages are included for free. NCL needs to stay classy.

Disappointed with Norwegian Getaway

Domsis’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H5
The Haven is magnificent! I think I would have jumped off the boat if we did not book here. Elegant, great bar, wonderful pool, really awesome people. Our room was beautiful with a large balcony, fresh fruit and flowers, snacks every day, champagne. Well worth the extra money.
Deck 16 Suite Cabins

• Miami
    Miami is awesome. We had dinner in Versailles prior to getting on boat and stayed at the Miami Hyatt near the port, a beautiful hotel at an excellent price! Definitely recommend it.
    View All 2,427 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    Everyone has their opinions of Nassau but having been here many times I have to say I thought the improvements they are doing are exceptional. Chose to go shopping instead of on excursion. Had a great lunch and met some very wonderful people. As long as you don't go off the beaten path, you are perfectly safe! So no worries. Go.
    View All 5,916 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Kon Tiki Boat
    Such a fun high energy experience. Took a water tour of St Thomas, had great drinks, steel drum music throughout. Halfway through the bottom of boat opens up and you can see so many interesting things. It parked on the beach for 1.5 hours. Then returned to limbo dancing and singing etc. So much fun!!
    View All 60 Kon Tiki Boat Reviews
  • Tortola Party Bus
    Loved it! Everyone is escorted to open air bus with loud music and rum punch. Drove through tortola which is beautiful! I hate the thought of this beautiful place getting junked up with tourists in future. We had a great meal prepared by a lovely woman and her husband. Unfortunately, on this trip like on the ship, the ignorant 20 year olds came along and were stealing the mans rum and making fun of anyone who was over a size 2 and over the age of 25. Disgusting! But the excursion was great.
    View All 13,319 Tortola Party Bus Reviews