3. American Spirit
The catalog seems to be different from what we received on the cruise. We complained when the air conditioning did not work properly, toilets did not flush, could not get a bottle of water and public bath room was dirty. There were four couples that complained and the cruise line sent a director of hotel operations to talk with us on the fifth day of the cruise. He listened to our complaint and said he was sorry and would see if he could do something for us once he talked to the home office and would get back to us after the cruise. That was 9 days a go so I feel like I was lied too. We were told the college age people working the ship were on 12 weeks contracts and than let go, that's why we felt service like eating at a IHOP and the place was dirty. We have been on river boat cruises in Europe that cost the same $10,000 that have been fantastic and twice as long for the same amount of money. The food was OK but for the cost of the 7 days I thought it could have been much better. We felt this cruise was a waste of money.

Paid for a Marriott, got a Best Western.

American Spirit Cruise Review by Ronald S Hollo

• Sail Date: September 2015
  • Destination: USA
  • Cabin Type: Cabin A
Ronald S Hollo’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Spirit price drops

Cabin A
Cabin A 309
not very clean, picture in brochure showed sliding glass door we got a regular door.
  American Spirit Deck Plans