Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by kellydenton

• Sail Date: Sep 2015
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Standard Inside

The directions that cunard gives for embarkation are not correct. They tell me to go through immigration when I arrive in New York. The airport I flew into did not have immigration. My assigned seating on the round trip was not given to the airport when booking. My luggage came in on another flight. Thank God I found it.

The choppy, rainy and high winds kept me from going out on deck. I took 3 sea sickness pills a day. The boat swayed back and forth. Very hard to walk down the hall or carry any food.

We were caught between 2 storms. I was told this boat was better built for rough weather.

The shows were short. CSN only played 5 songs because the boat was swaying so bad.

The cabin steward did not clean my room on Thursday. I stood in the purser line for 45 minutes to get my card for any charges.

When I got in my room - my dinner seating was wrong and my CSN ticket was wrong.

I had to wait for 30 minutes to get to the purser who said I have to go to the Brittania restaurant to change my meal time. So I stood in that line 45 minutes. Then I was told it might not be changed. This is my experience right when I got on the boat. Running around trying to fix details that had already been planned. That upset me. Why go into all this detail booking when it's all changed when I get on the liner.

Disembarkation was the same. My luggage was put in a wrong section. I'm scrambling to find my luggage because the transport was ready to go.

This was the worst vacation I have ever had and I'm mad because I wasted my only vacation money.

kellydenton's Full Rating Summary

Standard Inside
Cabin IF 6110

Cabin was big enough. I was in there a lot because the boat was unstable in rough seas.

kellydenton