Island Princess Cruise Review

Island Princess Cruise Review by skylane182

• Sail Date: Sep 2015
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Overall, great cruise. Had been planning this cruise for over a year to celebrate my 50th birthday with my niece and another couple.

Pre-cruise we stayed at the hotel arts Barcelona, which was fabulous. Great service and a complimentary suite upgrade.

Room / boarding - boarded was very simple, no lines - boarded around 1:20 PM and went right to our cabin C731. This is a new mini suite cabin built after the recent dry dock. Room was nice, balcony seemed a bit larger than other mini suites, and located aft along of the ship (not aft facing). The room seemed more narrow than other mini suites I have stayed in. New flat panel TVs and bathroom had a good amount of space. We returned to our cabin later that night around midnight to find a very significant vibration. After trying to sleep for about an hour, I contacted passenger services. They sent the night manager to our room who felt the vibration and moved us that night to another mini suite. The next afternoon after we returned from our tour, we were able to relocate to another mini-suite as there was no way we could sleep with that amount of vibration. I have stayed in aft / rear cabins many times before and this was the worst I have ever experienced. We felt this same vibration in the sanctuary and on the top deck at the back of the ship. Second cabin we had C214 was perfect.

Food - overall was average except for the specialty restaurants which were excellent

Service - outstanding all over the ship

ports - enjoyed all of them, especially in Italy. Highly recommend the wine tasting tours. Least favorite port was Athens, then Istanbul.

Disembarkation in Venice was very easy with the transfer to the airport.

skylane182's Full Rating Summary

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD C731

tour guide would not stop talking about irrelevant things and we only had 10-15 minutes at each historical site. Then spent over 30 minutes at a shop where she has a relationship with the owners. Stop at hotel for tea and cakes was in the basement of the hotel and also a waste of time.

View All undefined undefined Reviews