3. Navigator of the Seas
Took this cruise with my wife, son and daughter in law. My wife and I have taken 15 cruises together, 6 with Royal Caribbean. We invited my son and his wife to go along. This was their first cruise and we were excited about having them join us. We drove to Galveston the morning of the cruise from Louisiana and my son and daughter in law drove from Dallas. I was a bit skeptical about this cruise after reading some negative reviews on this web site. I shouldn’t have worried. We had a wonderful time. Some people only notice the negative side. We had a balcony cabin on level 10 and the kids had a balcony on level 8. We had dinner every night in the dining room except for the night we went to Chops. I think that was the best steak I have ever eaten. Over all the food was good to excellent. The buffet was good at breakfast, but we usually ate lunch at some of the other venues. We had my time dining and had our evening meal at 6:30 each evening. Christ, our waiter was from India and she did an excellent job. Some of the reviews we read said that people were not friendly and acted like they had rather be doing something else. That was not the case with us. Each person we came in contact with was smiling and friendly. Our cabin steward was Igusti. We did not see much of him the first several days, but he seemed to know when our room needed attention. He did a great job. We especially enjoyed the ice show, love and marriage game and the quest. The first comedian we heard was very funny. The second one was just OK. We always go the shows in the theater and they were all good. Even though I do not participate in some of the activities such as rock climbing and flow rider, I like seeing the younger crowd enjoy themselves. We went to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica. Although we have done this itinerary several times, we still like going there. The four of us did the Catamaran sail, snorkel and beach tour. It was the best snorkeling we have ever done. Did a little shopping in Grand Cayman. It did take a little while to get off the ship, but the lines moved quickly. My wife and I did not get off in Jamaica. It was nice staying on the ship on a port day. And yes the elevators were a slow at times, but that is why God made stairs. Not only were the employees friendly but the passengers were as well. For the most part, people were friendly and courteous and just having a good time.Gotta love those Texans. The ship looked very good for her age. Just a few things that showed some wear. We like cruising with Royal Caribbean. They have never disappointed us. I would recommend them to anyone who likes cruising. They have something for all ages. We also like cruising out of Galveston because it is only a 5 hour drive and we don’t have to fly. Can’t wait to do it again.

No Disappointments Here!