3. Norwegian Gem
This was our first cruise. I enjoyed the cruising part immensely. The staff was a really warm great group, 'Happy, Happy, Washy Washy' still brings a smile to my face. The food was okay, I preferred the paid restaurants over the free food but it was all very nicely done. There was no turkey bacon I did find turkey sausages hidden away four days into my trip. I found there was not a lot of fish served for the people who did not eat met. There were no TV stations which I understood you had activities but some people just came to relax (on the water in front of the TV). For some people it was a honeymoon and peacefulness is how you find it. I thought it was ridiculous to charge $9.99 for movies that totally messed up continuously when you watched them and those small 13 inch screens are for total blindness. I enjoyed the Spa which I went to every day but at $149 for the week, had you added a second person for half price, my husband would have signed up. The gym was free but the punching bag was $30.....why? Photos were $149 for ten pictures, you're making money hand over fists in your corporation so why not sell photos $99 for ten, people may not mind paying another $99 for the rest. Drink packages were almost $400 per person; Internet was $125 for 250 minutes, it was $30 on Carnival cruises. There were children in bars in the evenings, children that should have been in bed, a lot of the children I saw should have been in school. There were fun game shows and walking the decks at night was a dream and I felt my fear of the sea leaving me. I just think that the trip was wonderful except for the monetary overages. The idea of cruising is so great and wonderful, I understand that it costs to make these dreams come true but you should re-thing want you want to give to the people who support the cruises.

Everything had a price tag.

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by MeowSilk